Little Things

Passionfruit Vine

Around Here

Reuben and Clover in Garden

Tea

Chooks in Chicken Tractor

Apple and Almond Cake

Joining in the weekly stills over at The Beetle Shack.

1. I finally made this famous no knead bread over the weekend and it was amazing. We devoured half the loaf within minutes of it leaving the oven! I haven’t had a huge amount of success with bread making in the past, but this little triumph has got me inspired to keep working on it. I’m determined to make bread making a more regular fixture in our weekly routine.
2. One of our passionfruit vines is growing nicely. The other isn’t doing quite so well.
3. A handful of goodness, fresh off our little raspberry bush.
4. Clover helping Reuben in the garden.
5. Cold wintery days mean tea. Lots and lots of tea.
6. We bought a lightweight run that we can use as a “chicken tractor” and drag around our yard, to give our girls a holiday from their coop on sunny days. They’ve been having a lovely time scratching in the grass.
7. Yesterday we had friends over for dinner so I made cake for dessert. I had the thought of an apple and almond cake stuck in my head so I googled it and ended up making this one this one with a couple of tweaks (which was good!) but I’ve since realised the seed of the idea was probably planted by this yummy skillet cake on Hugo and Elsa. I think I’ll try that one next time.

Wishing you all a most wonderful week!

Katie xx

Tags: , , , ,

25 Responses to “Little Things”

1. Laura June 16, 2014 at 1:51 pm #

Beautiful :) . You guys are so inspiring!!!

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:01 pm #

You are very kind! Thanks so much Laura. xx

2. Jane @ Shady Baker June 16, 2014 at 2:34 pm #

Love your bread Katie…great work! Thanks for having me on your friends and favourites list too, very kind of you x

Katie June 17, 2014 at 11:59 am #

Oh, it’s our pleasure Jane! We love your blog! xx

3. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur June 16, 2014 at 2:49 pm #

Beautiful images as always Katie! As I said on Instagram your bread looks delicious!

Hope you have a lovely week,
    Sarah xx

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

Thanks Sarah! A happy week to you too! xx

4. Jo from Blondie By the Sea June 16, 2014 at 3:15 pm #

Oh Katie. You’re doing the things on my to do list, growing things, making bread. One day when the baby sleeps and the toddler doesn’t tantrum, my time will come. Love your photos and understand the need for more cuppas with the cooler weather. Jo xx

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:04 pm #

You’ll get there when the time is right! Thanks for stopping by Jo! xx

5. tors June 16, 2014 at 8:24 pm #

Oh, the no-knead bread is a firm fave of mine and a go-to whenever I get the urge to make my own. Soooo easy and tasty!

Your garden looks like it’s coming along nicely. I’ve just started messing with mine (I’m always tardy, it’s a thing I’m working on) and mid-summer probably isn’t the best time to start planting but, hey, it’s all fun in the dirt. Although prob not as much fun as your chooks appear to be having. Am off to check out that delicious sounding cake, thanks for the inspiration (as always) x

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:08 pm #

Aw, thanks Tors! Our winter veg went in way too late as well. We’re putting in two more garden beds this weekend so we’ll have plenty of space to get things in early when Spring rolls around. You live and learn! xx

6. Katie June 16, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

Suddenly I feel like a cup of milky tea! Those garden beds are amazing! Very inspiring. Love your blog name too :)

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:09 pm #

Thanks heaps Katie!! :)

7. Miranda Leigh June 17, 2014 at 1:45 am #

Looks perfect. I need some of that bread! :)

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:10 pm #

Just pop round! ;)

8. Emily June 17, 2014 at 2:34 am #

It’s so nice to see you guys pop up in my blog reader again. =)

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:11 pm #

Aw, thank you Emily! You are lovely. xx

9. Life With The Crew June 17, 2014 at 3:55 am #

Those garden beds look serious! Passion fruit – wow – I only have grape vines and all of my grapes just got moldy and died – wah. How funny that it is winter for you guys, but you are getting raspberries! It is summer here and our raspberries have just a couple more weeks to go.

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:14 pm #

Yeah, our raspberries seem to be confused! The weather didn’t cool down until really late this year so I think that’s why we’re still getting fruit in winter! Though, of course, winters in Australia are much milder than other parts of the world too. xx

10. Rita June 17, 2014 at 4:18 am #

I have to try that bread–Cane has been experimenting with bread and home-made is so much nicer than anything we can buy. (My grandma made all her bread because my grandpa wouldn’t eat store-bought.) And if it works out, it will be a lovely reason to buy a new shape/size of Pyrex. :-)

11. Rita June 17, 2014 at 4:30 am #

Oh, and thanks so much for linking to The Beetleshack. What a great blog find for my Monday!

Katie June 17, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

Yes, do try it! It’s so easy. That pyrex had been sitting in the cupboard unused since I found it a thrift shop about a year ago, and I had often wondered what I’d ever use it for. So happy to have finally found a purpose for it! Haha! xx

12. cityhippyfarmgirl June 19, 2014 at 7:51 pm #

Watch out Katie, bread baking is addictive…you have been warned!
    Love all of your little things.

13. Elyse June 21, 2014 at 1:14 pm #

Just discovered your blog. Such fabulous bright, happy photos.

14. gaby June 29, 2014 at 7:33 pm #

oh i need to make that cake!