Lately…

Daisy and Vintage Sheets

Roald Dahl Quote and Fantail

Craft and Dogs

Dogs and Custom Dear Delilah Necklace

Pumpkins and Latte and Vintage Fabric

Op-Shop Find and Clover with Book

We have celebrated Easter with our annual picnic with friends. (We almost didn’t make it this year but we’re so glad we did in the end. The Easter picnic is one of our very favourite traditions!)

Reuben has extended our veggie patch and begun planting seeds for winter.

Katie has been writing some blog posts for Kidspot, like this one and this one.

Clover has eaten two books!

We have bought a dwarf lemon tree to plant by our gate.

We’ve been listening to Vampire Weekend on repeat.

We have had some visits from family including a whole lovely spent week with Katie’s brother. (We so wish our family wasn’t so scattered.)

We have been eating a lot of kale and drinking a lot of herbal tea.

We have found some lovely vintage linens in op-shops.

We’ve been thinking a lot about exercise and setting ourselves a big challenge to get ourselves moving…

What’s been happening in your part of the world lately? We hope those of you who celebrate Easter had a lovely holiday and you all had a wonderful weekend!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

18 Responses to “Lately…”

1. Paula April 22, 2014 at 10:39 am #

I love you blog! Clover and Daisy are so sweet! Much love fron Argentina <3 Muchos abrazos!

Katie April 23, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

Thanks so much Paula! We sure think they are! x

2. Gem April 22, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

Good luck with the exercise! You won’t regret it and your ninety-year-old self will thank you.

Katie April 23, 2014 at 8:55 pm #

Thank you Gem, you are so right! Starting is the hardest part. :)

3. Katie April 22, 2014 at 2:16 pm #

Loved your photography post on Kidspot! Great job! Easter picnic sounds lovely, too!

Katie April 23, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

Thanks heaps Katie!! x

4. tors April 22, 2014 at 6:48 pm #

Sounds like a lovely Easter. I had a faux family gathering too, with a couple of my closest friends popping over rather last minute for brunch. I tried my hand at homemade brioche hot minus-the-cross buns (we got impatient and hungry). It was all very silly and fun, as Facebook can attest.

Loving the Kidspot posts, they’re really great. And, as ever, your photography is lovely, so evocative. I really liked the learning to bloom article, I have a Masters in running away, so it was great to hear another’s point of view.

Katie April 23, 2014 at 8:47 pm #

Thank you Tors! It’s nice to hear from someone else who is prone to running away. I’m still working on curbing that habit! Your Easter sounds lovely. I’ve never actually made hot cross buns from scratch and fully intented to give it a go this year but, sadly, it didn’t happen. Next year!! x

5. janine April 23, 2014 at 8:11 am #

So loving your photos! Here where I live we had our annual snapper competition in South Australia. Spent Sunday walking through the small craft fair and eating yummy hot donuts the weather was great. Yoga is an excellent form of exercise you can do it at home anytime.

Katie April 23, 2014 at 8:49 pm #

Your weekend sounds absolutely perfect Janine!! I used to love yoga. I really should get back into it! x

6. Rebecca April 23, 2014 at 12:46 pm #

Those pictures really are lovely. The make me think of sunshine, simplicity, and warm days. It sounds like you’ve been enjoying a full life, lately. I must say, I’ve never been big on Vampire Weekend. I tried them on. They seemed to lack something for me.

Katie April 23, 2014 at 8:52 pm #

Thanks Rebecca! And if I remember correctly, I wasn’t that keen on Vampire Weekend at first either! I think they had to grow on me. :)

7. Life With The Crew April 24, 2014 at 11:49 am #

Love that scruffy cute little face – couldn’t stay mad at that face for long! :)

8. Kay April 28, 2014 at 11:10 pm #

Hi there, I found your blog over the weekend and I just wanted to leave a little comment saying I love it. It’s the same sort of thing I’m trying to do here in Cornwall in the UK, keeping chickens and growing my own veg and re-using what I have rather than buying new, all in the spirit of a simplifying my life. I also wanted to say that your dogs and cats are just too cute for words :-)
    Kay :-)

9. Sarah Jane April 29, 2014 at 7:18 pm #

Such lovely things!
    We got some fruit trees finally planted the other day – 2 Apples grafted on dwarf root stock and 1 each of Pomegrante, Nectarine, Peach, Mandarin, Finger Lime, Jabuticaba, Lemonade, Sugar Plum & a Fig :-) It was such a good feeling!

Hope you’re having a good week,
    Sarah xx

10. Kim H May 4, 2014 at 5:54 am #

Gorgy photos, Katie and Reuben:) Love those luscious stacks of vintage fabrics….gorgy. We have a dog who would eat books if he could. He chooses shoes ocassionally, usually only expensive ones owned by friends who visit. Enjoy a lovely Sunday….very windy in our neck of the woods.

11. sylvie May 8, 2014 at 6:48 pm #

so beautiful pictures ☆★☆
    love your beautiful blog ☆★☆
    ☆★☆ have a nice day ☆★☆
    Sylvie

12. anon May 25, 2014 at 8:28 am #

You guys going to update this thing? Just like everyone that wins an award, they stop producing content afterwards. It should inspire you to create more! Take this seriously.