10 Good Things Right Now

Good Things 4

Good Things 6

Good Things 1

Good Things 5

Good Things 3

Good Things 2

Little pumpkins growing in our garden.

Taking Dear Delilah to The Square handmade market. (We always have such a fun day there!)

Homegrown blackberries.

Having a go at brewing beer.

Finally getting prints of some of our favourite instragram pictures, from Origrami.

A surprise visit from a special friend.

The roses we planted a few months ago bursting with blooms.

Tiny pears bought at the farmers market. (So sweet and crunchy!)

Finding a cute little bench with an embroidered seat in an op-shop.

Having a long weekend!

What good things are happening in your world right now?

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

20 Responses to “10 Good Things Right Now”

1. Simone March 10, 2014 at 8:28 pm #

The good things that are happening in my world: landscaping the backyard, planting seedlings in the veggie garden, spending time with the family and planning a weekend away with hubby! Love your blog and enjoy reading your posts. Your four legged family members look like they are very much at home and very well loved!

Katie March 11, 2014 at 11:19 pm #

Those are wonderful things! Thanks for sharing Simone! :)

2. Alana March 10, 2014 at 8:47 pm #

I LOVE that little bench Katie, so adorable. What a great find. x

Katie March 11, 2014 at 9:11 pm #

I know!! I was so excited! xx

3. Jane @ Shady Baker March 10, 2014 at 9:24 pm #

Life looks good Katie and Reuben, love that little pear!

Roasted home raised, home butchered chicken with herbs and our olive oil..that was good earlier this evening x

Katie March 11, 2014 at 9:26 pm #

Everything you cook sounds amazing Jane! x

4. Gina March 11, 2014 at 4:37 am #

Hi Reuben and Katie! Love your posts/photos as always. Are those cannellini (white) beans
    with peppers and herbs in the photo? What else is coming out of your garden? We are slowly
    moving towards gardening season in central New York State. It’s been a long, unusually cold winter that we are all looking forward to ending. Our temperatures are still below normal and there’s quite a covering of snow. I will be starting herbs and cucumber seedlings indoors come
    April.

That op shop bench is a cutie. Was the embroidered covering in good shape or did you have to do some cleaning/repair on it?

Gina
    Syracuse, NY, USA

Katie March 11, 2014 at 9:22 pm #

The stuff in the bowl is actually gnocchi! Our garden has quietened down a bit now. We still have some GIANT zucchinis and there are little pumpkins and one watermelon growing, but the tomatoes and things are all dying off. Now it’s time to plant some wintery stuff like kale!

The embroidery was in perfect condition. Someone has obviously taken very good care of it! x

• Gina March 12, 2014 at 12:13 am #

That is so funny! I was sure those were white (cannellini) beans! Yes, kale and other cabbage family veggies are great cool weather plants to put in. Can’t wait to see photos of the next round of gardening.

Gina

5. Life With The Crew March 11, 2014 at 4:54 am #

Loving the puppy pics! You have two cuties! Your Dear Delilah table looks lovely.

Katie March 11, 2014 at 9:25 pm #

Thanks lovely! x

6. Brooke March 11, 2014 at 5:05 am #

It all looks so lovely, as always! Keep us updated about the brewing of beer because that sounds absolutely fantastic!

Katie March 11, 2014 at 9:25 pm #

We definitely will! The beers is Reubs’ project so he’ll put a post together about it once it’s done. :)

7. The Life of Clare March 11, 2014 at 6:35 am #

Can’t wait to hear how you go with your home brew. We’ve been making beer for a little while, and although I haven’t been drinking it of late, j says it’s delicious.

Katie March 11, 2014 at 9:30 pm #

So good to hear you guys have had success with your homebrew! I’m not a beer drinker but Reubs is so excited and nervous about it working out. He’s checking on his beer every five minutes, haha! x

8. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur March 11, 2014 at 5:35 pm #

I so enjoy your good things posts! I tried those adorable mini pears a little while ago, from the local supermarket. They were so cute but I don’t like my pears crunchy :-)
    Good things right now…
    Playing with Spud (my new puppy) & Rilla
    I made a cheesecake for the first time…the mixture tasted divine, I can’t wait for it to set! (It’s a frozen one)
    Recovering from the flu
    Feeling Autumn in the air
    Watching our ducklings grow up
    Adding some new additions to our duck and goose flocks
    Eating warm homemade bread with homemade baked beans
    Getting the painting finished (delight!)

Hope you have a lovely week,
    Sarah xox

Katie March 11, 2014 at 9:33 pm #

That is a wonderful list Sarah! I long for the day we get our painting finished… At this point it just seems like a distant dream! x

9. Ashley March 30, 2014 at 2:57 am #

I love the idea of reflecting on the good in life!
    Here are mine:

Eating homemade banana chocolate chip muffins
    Being able to walk outside without a hat and mittens because winter is ending

I adore your photos and your blog – you’ve gained a new follower. :)

10. Robyn April 11, 2014 at 8:30 pm #

Your little table looked familiar to me. My mum embroidered the same picture of pansys on a coffee table when she was younger. Still has it in her home today. What small world must have been an “in vogue” design lol:)

11. Alice (Thrifted Treasure) April 28, 2014 at 3:34 pm #

I have just discovered your lovely blog! Love all your beautiful photos and finds :-) Those tiny Instagram photos are so cute!