Lately…

Garage Sale Finds and Chick

Vintage Sheets and Tomato Plants

Strawberries and Sebby

Daisy, Chocolate and Juice

Birdie Jar and Chicken

Coffee and Upcycled Plates

Reuben has gotten a great new job, closer to home! (We are so grateful.)

Katie has been making lots of jewellery and birdie jars in prepation for The Square handmade market next Sunday and has been really busy with the Dear Delilah Etsy shop. (We are so grateful for that too!)

We have planted some elderberry and tea plants.

We have been playing with Katie’s mum’s adorable baby chicks. (We’re planning to bring a couple of these little ones to live with us when they’re older!)

We have been drinking a lot of fresh watermelon juice and banana smoothies and, thanks to a drama with our oven, have been eating a lot of stuff on toast.

Reuben has crocheted a ninja turtle for his nephew’s first birthday (he’s planning to share the pattern on Ravelry soon) and was featured in a Sydney Morning Herald article about men who craft!

Katie has found some lovely vintage sheets after a lengthy treasure drought. (Yay!)

We have eaten 8 homegrown strawberries.

We have been thinking a lot about this space. About us blogging. About blogging in general. About what it all means to us and what we want for our little corner of the internet. We haven’t figured it out yet, but we might be getting closer.

We hope all is well with you guys! What’s been happening in your world lately?

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

24 Responses to “Lately…”

1. Rita@thissortaoldlife November 24, 2013 at 1:55 am #

I am envious of your homegrown strawberries–that sounds so delicious as the weather here has announced that winter is on its way! The wind has blown the trees so much, all night it sounded almost as if we are at the ocean. Although I do love so much about the cold months, this morning I’m enjoying seeing your warmer-weather happenings.

Katie November 24, 2013 at 9:30 pm #

I love winter but I’m really enjoying the sunshine and watching the garden bloom this spring! Stay warm!! xx

2. The Life of Clare November 24, 2013 at 7:07 am #

The chickens are gorgeous! We’ve got 8, 4 week olds at the moment, they’re a handful! How wonderful to eat your own homegrown strawberries! It sounds like things are pretty good right now, and I hope they stay that way!

Katie November 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm #

Things are pretty good! I hope they are with you too! And aren’t baby chicks just the loveliest? Fuzzy little balls of cuteness. :)

3. janine November 24, 2013 at 8:43 am #

Love the pictures of your cats. My dog sometimes sits like that on my lounge, it is so cute. Loving the vintage sheets, I found some old damask that will make new table cloths for $4.00. Enjoy your blog. Hugs Janine, Whyalla SA

Katie November 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm #

Oh, what a great find Janine! Thanks for sharing! x

4. Zara November 24, 2013 at 9:37 am #

Little chicks are the cutest aren’t they.
    Photographing my latest op-shop finds can prove troublesome here too…cats just love to come and sit/lay/groom atop them when the camera comes out.
    x

Katie November 24, 2013 at 9:35 pm #

Poppy is the absolute WORST when it comes to getting in the way of photos. She’s super cute but her photobombing kinda drives me crazy, haha! x

5. Samantha November 24, 2013 at 12:51 pm #

I love all the animals in your posts. From the cats and dogs to the chicks. It makes me really envious of your lifestyle especially because I’ve wanted a micro pig for the longest time!
    It’s good to see the whole family is loving the new house and looking forward to a good summer! Are you guys on tank water? Cos if you’re having weather like NZ then it’s going to be a dry summer!

Sam x

Katie November 24, 2013 at 9:37 pm #

I’ve always wanted a micro pig too! Oh my goodness, they are so cute!! Thankfully we are town water. It’s been really dry here too so we’d be in trouble if we were dependant on tank water…

6. Jenni November 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

I love both the live chicks and the small birds in jars that you are making! And it’s nice to have a look at your etsy site as well- your necklaces look fantastic.

In my world, the weather is getting colder and everyone is putting on their hats and mitts for winter! Lights are going up and Christmas is just around the corner. :)

-Jenni

Katie November 24, 2013 at 9:38 pm #

Thanks Jenni! I really can’t believe Christmas is sneaking up so quickly. Stay warm! x

7. Meg November 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

In our world lately . . . we’ve been tending the veggie patch, making art, starting KK (buying second hand or making our own gifts – it’s a family rule!), eating date and walnut cake, volunteering in our community, taking the boys to swimming lessons, enjoying the mixed weather and all it brings (sunshine to play in, rain for our rainwater tank . . .) and just generally doing what we do. Congrats to Reuben on his new job – does this mean we won’t see him at the GL anymore? Bit sad about that . . . and it sounds like you guys might be making a move away from blogging . . . also sad, but if it gives you both more time to live your lives in the way you want to, then go for it! Best wishes to you both!

Katie November 24, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

Your world sounds lovely Meg! We aren’t planning to move away from blogging, just trying to work out a new balance that feels right for us. Our lives have changed so much since we started sharing it here, I think we are just in need of a rest, rethink and refresh, which is why we’ve been blogging less frequently lately. We’re not going anywhere in a hurry! xx

• Meg November 25, 2013 at 7:47 am #

Great to hear!! Your blog is one of just two I read, so I’m pleased to hear I’ll still be able to hear about your journey . . .

8. donna November 24, 2013 at 5:46 pm #

I feel the same about my poor blog lately… I am just busy posting wedding photos before I decide anything though haha.

Katie November 24, 2013 at 9:49 pm #

It’s tricky isn’t it? I’ve felt a real shift in the blogosphere over the last year or so… xx

9. Ravs November 24, 2013 at 9:53 pm #

Thanks for sharing the article about men crafting. I do wish we saw more of it. I’m liking the ‘Men’s Shed’ movement, Dad has been along a few times, and read recently about one for women (i.e. women doing the ‘trade’ style crafts that are more traditionally male) but I’m lucky to have both a sewing room, and a proper ‘shed’ to play in!

10. Katie November 25, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

I love seeing sunshine in your photos (and lives)! Happy for Reuben’s new job and those little cute chicks – I hope you have a great season, full of fruit and picnics!

11. Ashley November 30, 2013 at 9:10 am #

Hello there you dear things. I’m here after seeing you accept your award last night and I’ve gotta say it was super well deserved. Thanks for sharing so beautifully here. I can’t wait to get home from work tonight so I can read more!

12. Maria @ Cheeky Pink Tulip December 1, 2013 at 2:37 am #

You guys, serious congratulations are in order for winning Voices of 2013!! I’m so pleased for you and can’t think of a couple who deserve it more.

I hope you have an amazing AMAZING time! What a way to end the year..

Maria xx

13. Brenda December 1, 2013 at 4:56 pm #

hi Katie and Reuben – so lovely to meet you guys the other night at Voices 2013 and a HUGE congrats for taking out the top prize which is so deserved to be bestowed to you both! Enjoy the buzz! Marvellous blog too…brenda x

14. Fran December 2, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

So glad Pip introduced me – it was lovely to meet you both at Voices 2013. Very pleased to discover your wonderful blog. Can’t wait to start scrolling. Congrats again on the win. Well done.
    Cheers, Fran.

15. Chris December 2, 2013 at 8:30 pm #

Congratulations on your amazing win on Friday night. I hope you are able chill and really enjoy the trip when you are able to take it.
    I also hope Reuben was able to enjoy his first day on the new job! I suspect he found it difficult to keep his mind on it!