Spring

Feet

Blossoms 3

Poppy

Blossoms

Watermelon

Though the new season doesn’t technically begin until tomorrow, it seems to have arrived a little early. The past few days have been noticeably less cold but it wasn’t until today, when I woke up to the most warm, sunny, delicious day, that I really realised. Spring is here!

This morning I sat on the lawn, under an impossibly blue sky, eating watermelon and chatting to the cat. Many trees in our street are now bursting with pink blossoms and the grass is growing so fast we can hardly keep up with it. Seeing the evidence of a new season all around me I was reminded of just how fast this year is passing by. It’s almost 9 months since we settled on our old house. Tomorrow we are getting started on the veggie patch, which at the beginning of the year seemed so far away. And in just two weeks I’ll turn 27.

Of course, there is no slowing the passage of time! So instead, we must try to make the most of right now. To wiggle our toes in the grass, smell the fruit blossoms and drink up the glorious sunshine. Because just like the one before it, this gorgeous season won’t last long.

Tags: , ,

Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's raspberry baked cheesecake will rock your socks off.

17 Responses to “Spring”

1. Karen Hill August 31, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

Here in the states, summer is winding down and will be missed….Now if I could just travel there, at this time of year, I could start the season all over again :0) Infinite spring and summer sounds good to me…LOL…Enjoy your new season!

Katie September 2, 2013 at 1:15 pm #

I kinda wish I could live in a magical place where the seasons just alternated between spring and autumn. Summer is too hot and winter is too cold but spring and autumn are perfection! :)

2. Aubrey September 1, 2013 at 1:23 pm #

The rest of the year, here in Texas, I’m just glowing with “hey look at our awesome temperatures” but September is just a continuation of summer here. It’s been around 108 and I don’t expect it to drop next month. So what I’m trying to say is, I’m a bit jealous of your bit of spring around the corner. ;)

Also, I can now tell my husband that I am officially not the only one to talk to my cats. :) Absolutely lovely shot of that tree by the way. I feel like I could write a poem or song off of that picture.

Katie September 2, 2013 at 1:13 pm #

You are definitely NOT the only one to talk to your cats! Reubs and I both talk to ours, and the dog, all the time! ;)

3. Sarah Jane September 1, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Oh those blossoms are SO pretty! I can’t believe how fast the year is going – each year seems to go faster than the last! Indeed we should enjoy everyday, and every season, as it doesn’t last long at all.

Happy new week! (And happy early birthday to you too! :-) )
    Sarah xx

Katie September 2, 2013 at 1:18 pm #

Aren’t they gorgeous? The trees look little fairy floss! I just wish the blossoms would last longer – they are so fleeting. Thank you for the lovely wishes! x

4. Fenn September 2, 2013 at 4:00 am #

sounds like a perfect kind of day!! i hope the veggie patch is taking shape just as you’d hoped, I saw a photo of it on instagram and it looked fantastic & well on it’s way!

beautiful photos as usual katie!!

fenn

5. caroline September 2, 2013 at 7:59 am #

Hi Happy almost birthday to you!!!! How is your beautiful puppy feeling??? Also how is Reuben feeling also?? I hope everyone is feeling much better today!!! It’s so weird to realize that spring is in your neighborhood when we are looking forward to autumn here in New York!!! It’s still very hot & humid here!!! Good luck with your gardens!!! Love the photos!!! ;)

Katie September 2, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

Daisy and Reuben are both well! The supplements we’ve had Daisy on have made a big difference and she is no longer hopping about. And Reubs banged up foot has healed nicely too. Thanks so much for your concern! Hope you have a lovely, lovely week! xx

6. Meg September 2, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

Hi Katie, Thanks for sharing such beautiful photographs . . . trees in blossom are certainly a spectacular sight! Just as my little boy was getting very tired of the cold weather he asked, when will Winter end, and hey presto, Spring arrived. I too dislike the Summer and the often unbearable heat, but I guess we all need light and shade to appreciate the other! I did also explain to my son that without the seasons, we’d really struggle to grow delicious, diverse food throughout the year . . . he seemed happy with that as a reason for ‘weathering’ the cold and rainy Winter days . . . best wishes to you and Reuben and your furry pals.

7. Jane Y. September 3, 2013 at 11:02 pm #

cherry blossoms are most beautiful! can’t wait for them to bloom here in Washington DC! We’ll have to get through winter first!

8. Allie September 4, 2013 at 2:46 am #

I have to say, I was extremely confused when I saw spring. And then I was like oh hey, typical American…there’s a whole other hemisphere! But I could go for some spring around here. Enjoy it for me! :)

Allie // callmesassafras.com

9. Vicky September 6, 2013 at 5:46 am #

Lovely pictures, but I have to admit to being a teensy bit jealous – here in the UK we’re heading into Autumn now. It’s been a beautiful Summer, and I honestly don’t want it to end! Hope you have great luck with your veggie patch this year – we feasted on potatoes, tomatoes and runner beans for a few weeks, nothing better than some home grown produce :-)

10. Kaylan September 12, 2013 at 10:28 pm #

Beautiful photos!

11. AshleyLutton September 17, 2013 at 8:07 am #

Man I hate living in Arizona. We have 110 degree weather until the end of October. Soon my husband and I will be moving to Oceanside California, walking distance from the beach. There I will be able to enjoy life completely.

12. Debbie September 22, 2013 at 10:13 am #

Hi Katie,
    I found your blog in Artful Blogging, one of my favorite magazines!

I read your article and couldn’t wait to come check out your blog and I’m so glad I did!

I’m putting you in my Blog favorites on the sidebar of my blog, so I can read your posts regularly.

Come visit me sometime over at A Million Skies :)

Blessings,
    Debbie

13. joanne September 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm #

yay spring !!
    i’m so excited, been taking pictures of every tree, flower and other signs I see !!

we don’t have cherry blossoms here though, that is an amazing picture

x