10 Good Things Right Now

Homegrown Eggs

Fruit Trees

Pancakes

Blossoms

Sebby

Chickens

Our first lovely homegrown eggs!

Finally getting a little more painting done.

The appearance of the first spring blossoms (though it still feels very much like winter…)

Naps with Daisy dog.

Getting all of our little fruit trees planted. We now have a plum, a plumcot, a peach, an apricot and two pears!

Spaghetti and lentil bolognese.

Being accepted for a stall at our very first real life market. We’ll be taking Dear Delilah to The Square handmade market in Bendigo on September 14!

Pancakes (made from our own eggs!) with cherry jam.

Making plans to get our veggie patch happening in the next couple of weeks.

The days getting ever so slightly longer…

What’s on your happy list today?!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

25 Responses to “10 Good Things Right Now”

1. Solrun August 25, 2013 at 10:35 pm #

How nice to have your own eggs! I would love to have my own chickens sometime when we move out of the city…

2. Yelle August 26, 2013 at 12:43 am #

yay eggs! i would love to have a couple of chickens one day! and those blossoms – simply gorgeous.

3. Red Coat Studio August 26, 2013 at 1:36 am #

Congrats on the eggs and the market stall! x Tamara

Katie August 26, 2013 at 10:25 pm #

Thank you!! :)

4. uncustomary August 26, 2013 at 3:12 am #

Happy to have gotten my butt up and gone to the gym as well as eating dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets.

5. Rita@thissortaoldlife August 26, 2013 at 3:53 am #

I am so excited because we planted a garden for the first time this year and we’re finally getting tomatoes! Had some with dinner last night, and they have so much flavor. For us, the days are getting shorter and we’re seeing just the faintest hints of fall. Part of me is sad, but part of me is looking forward to warm soup and fires and sweaters.

Katie August 26, 2013 at 10:27 pm #

Oh, homegrown tomatoes are the BEST! Enjoy. x

6. Molly Severtson August 26, 2013 at 4:46 am #

On my happy list today: Being able to see the goings-on of folks around the world, and to be happy about their “happys.” Our days are getting ever so slightly shorter :(, but I’m glad yours are getting longer! :)

Katie August 26, 2013 at 10:29 pm #

I love seeing what people all over the world are getting up to via their blogs too! The internet makes the world a much smaller place. :)

7. Tania @ Petit Pixel Design August 26, 2013 at 7:57 am #

Ooooh how exciting re: the market!! xx

Katie August 26, 2013 at 10:16 pm #

I am so excited, but also so nervous! Maybe we’ll see you there? :)

8. Michael August 26, 2013 at 8:06 am #

I remember the day our chickens laid their first egg all those years ago! It was a large one, and after spending the best part of half an hour deciding how we should cook it and divide it in two to share it, we cracked it open to find it was a double-yoker! Thanks for the prompt to recall that memory! How did you two enjoy your first eggs?

Katie August 26, 2013 at 10:20 pm #

Ooooh a double yolker – that would have been wonderful! I grew up on a farm so we always had homegrown eggs and I remember the excitement of discovering a double yolk as a little girl. Our first eggs went into a lovely quiche! :)

9. Ailsa August 26, 2013 at 11:26 am #

I still get a buzz everyday when I collect the eggs!

10. Cassandra August 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

Yay!! Hooray for your clever girls producing so quickly. Our 4 kept us waiting for weeks and weeks!. And Pancakes are a great choice for using them up.

I’m happily planning our fruit trees after coming up with some tweaks to our garden design, and we got 2 new compost bins on the weekend. Words can’t begin to describe my excitement when we transferred the old compost into the new bins, only to discover it was absolutely seething with worms. Obviously we were doing something right for a change! Spring is on it’s way and it’s great watching the garden waking up.

Katie August 26, 2013 at 10:24 pm #

Funny you should mention your compost – we just moved our compost bin too and were very happy to discover it’s breaking down quite nicely. I like the cold but I’m actually really looking forward to spring this year. I’m especially excited about getting our veggie patch in! x

11. Meg August 26, 2013 at 8:55 pm #

On my happy list today . . . mowing the lawn in the sunshine and smelling that sweet cut grass smell all through the house, visiting the library truck with my sons and choosing lots of new picture story and board books, drinking delicious rainwater, collecting our first eggs of the season, and generally just being very grateful for health, happiness, friends and family. Best wishes for the Square; I’m sure Dear Delilah will be super successful!

Katie August 26, 2013 at 10:25 pm #

Those are truly wonderful things Meg! What a lovely list.

12. Sarah Jane August 27, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

Oh how exciting! Collecting eggs still brings joy to me, it never seems to become old! And congrats on going to your first market – I’m sure you’ll do great!! :-)

Sarah xx

13. Molly August 27, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

I’m loving the blossoms, the longer days and the promise of spring ahead… while still enjoying cozy nights snuggled up in front of the fire.

X
    Molly

14. Nicole @ Treasure Tromp August 27, 2013 at 4:57 pm #

these are all such lovely things! Good luck at the market!

15. Fenn August 28, 2013 at 8:46 pm #

it’s so good to see this post guys, i’ve been missing getting little insights into your lovely lives! congratulations on your first eggs, that must’ve been so exciting!!! & good luck with the market, i’m sure your jewelry & charm will do wonderful things :)

my happy list involves going back to uni soon so i can see my friends, & the oodles of blackberries i’ve been picking recently (free food!!)

love fenn x

16. Kathryn September 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm #

How beautiful are the blossoms!

And how satisfying it would be to cook with your own eggs :-)

17. Esther September 19, 2013 at 8:43 am #

And another good thing right now? I assume you know about this? http://blogs.kidspot.com.au/villagevoices/voices/voices-of-2013/
    Yay for you guys!!

x

18. Melanie January 17, 2014 at 11:41 pm #

Could you please tell me what camera did you use? (sorry for my bad english), your pictures are so beautiful, I just discovered your blog 10 minutes ago :)

Thank youu !!