Lately…

Lavender and Poppy

Daisy and Mushroom

Sebby and Dear Delilah Parcels

Heart Pins and Daisy

We have been eating chocolate chip cookies.

We have been looking forward to a day in Melbourne with friends.

We have been getting lots of rain.

We have been rewatching The Good Life and Keeping Up Appearances and thinking we also really need to get As Time Goes By on DVD. (We’re slightly obsessed with British sitcoms…)

Reuben has been crocheting some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Katie has been working on some cute new brooches.

A friend has offered us a little chicken coop! (We can’t wait to pick it up and get some hens very soon!)

We have had a lovely brunch at Percy and Percy.

We have set a date to paint our horrible living room walls.

We have been a bit sad for Daisy who has had a sore leg. (It turns out the months of neglect and malnourishment before we adopted her have resulted in our poor Daisy having very bad joints. She’s been on medication and, thankfully, seems to be feeling a bit better now.)

We have finally tried Kale for the first time. (So good! We can’t believe it took us so long!)

We have been thinking we need to start going on bike rides…

What’s been happening in your world lately?

Katie and Reuben x

PS To celebrate Dear Delilah’s 50th sale, we’re offering 15% off everything in the shop this weekend. To receive the discount, simply enter the coupon code CELEBRATE50 at the checkout. Thank you all so much for all your support!

Tags: ,

Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's raspberry baked cheesecake will rock your socks off.

16 Responses to “Lately…”

1. Carol July 21, 2013 at 12:39 am #

Dear Katie and Reuben,
    I am a new visitor. I could not find the gratitude necklace in your shop! Hope your weekend is filled with happiness—sending sunshine from middle TN,USA!
    Carol

2. Strawberries and Buttercups July 21, 2013 at 2:44 am #

You may also enjoy Last of the Summer Wine which is a British comedy set in West Yorkshire and consists of oldies having fun.

3. Hjördís July 21, 2013 at 3:10 am #

I really love your blog and look forward to every new post.

Hjördís

4. elle July 21, 2013 at 3:43 am #

Just a suggestion for Daisy, our cocker spaniel Tagg has suffered with hip dysplacia to the point where I had to carry him out to go to the bathroom. I did a lot of research on treating him naturally and found that a diet of raw foods, raw chicken, juiced carrots and greens from the garden and fruits like blueberries really made a difference in his mobility. I also added a supplement to his diet called Nzymes,(can be ordered from the internet) that helps to encourage the production of synovial fluid to help lubricate the joints. The Nzymes are basically sprouted organic soybeans and rice bran so you can make your own if you want to go to the trouble. There has been a marked difference in Taggs mobility and he has far less pain. I hope that this info might help Daisy. Take care! Elle

5. caroline July 21, 2013 at 6:02 am #

Feel better Daisy!!!! ;)

6. Neen July 21, 2013 at 6:10 am #

Congratulations on your 50th sale – that’s wonderful :)

7. Susan July 21, 2013 at 7:12 am #

As a Brit it’s nice to hear that you enjoy British comedy. Those are some of my favourites. See if you can find ‘A Fine Romance’ cos that’s a good one too. Congrats on the success of your etsy shop :-) Our dog has a problem with her hips and we’re giving her cod liver oil which I find relieves pain in my joints. Apple cider vinegar can also help. We used to give it to our chickens in their drinking water as a general tonic. Hope you find something that helps Daisy.

8. Leisa July 21, 2013 at 8:19 am #

Lovely as always. Pop over to my blog http://www.eleanorandruby.blogspot.com and you’ll keep up with my happenings too!

9. Jan July 21, 2013 at 10:02 am #

I love British comedy too and I have As Times Goes By on reserve at the library. Two you might enjoy are Fresh Fields (just finished watching this) and One Foot in the Grave.

10. dusty country road July 21, 2013 at 6:50 pm #

You will love having chooks. We got ours at the Talbot farmers market, apparently they were all 8 week old bantam hens. They totally were not, one turned out to be a rooster and we’ve got a little baby ‘Frankie’ now who I dearly hope remains a Frankie and doesn’t turn out to be a Frank. Looking forward to hearing all about your chicken adventures!
    Jacqui

11. thespacesbetween July 21, 2013 at 11:17 pm #

You two (and the animals) look so cute. Love your post today. Kale! is awesome! so yum in the frittata i ate for dinner tonight! really enjoying having a wander around your blog. x

12. Fenn July 23, 2013 at 5:21 am #

c o n g r a t u l a t i o n s on your 50th sale, how exciting! we’re all rooting for you :) loving the fact that you’re both addicted to british sitcoms! they’re always, always on repeat over here! my particular favourite is the vicar of dibley which I really recommend if you haven’t seen it!

i’ve been making teacup candles this weekend which I think are really up your street! if you fancy having a go, just pop over to my blog & you can follow my instructions!

love, fenn

freckledfennel.blogspot.co.uk

13. Meg July 23, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

Hi, in our world lately we’ve been loving the rain as it’s filling our new rainwater tank and providing us with delicious drinking water . . . we’re loving spending time as a family . . . my partner has been loving making salami and small goods, I’ve been loving making a chair from felt and fabric for a new exhibition that opens in August, our eldest son is loving making mosaics and our youngest son is loving pulling cheeky faces and squealing! Hope you guys are both enjoying life . . . Meg xx

14. Jane Y. July 24, 2013 at 1:48 am #

we love kale too. so sorry about daisy’s leg. hope it gets better soon. i just love the last pic. it’s so precious.

15. Kelly July 28, 2013 at 10:31 pm #

new look blog is adorable guys x

16. Kelly July 28, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

but the way, poor daisy! hope she’s on the mend. i am SO JEALOUS you are getting hens!!