Lately…

Vintage Tray Table and Poppy

Dear Delilah Necklaces and Pasta

Daisy and Studio

Sebby and Vintage Dog Figurines

… We have been finding our rattly old house pretty darn chilly.

We’ve been eating a lot of pasta. (The carbs help ward off the cold!)

We have thrifted an amazing vintage tray table.

Reuben has finally written up the pattern for the Whale Shark iphone cosy he was working on last winter. (It’ll be on Ravelry soon!)

Katie has been making lots of new jewellery.

We’ve been thankful for winter sunshine.

We have been drinking lots of hot chocolate.

We have been really happy that we made the switch to homemade laundry detergent (it works a treat!)

We’ve been planning a day trip to the snow next month.

We’ve been thinking and talking about blogging, advertising and the role this little blog plays in our life. We’ll share a post on those thoughts soon.

What’s been happing in your world lately?

Tags: ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

11 Responses to “Lately…”

1. kelly // apockylypse June 24, 2013 at 11:36 pm #

Sounds like lots of fun & exciting things! I’m super excited to see the pattern for the cozy because I’ve gotten my crafting mojo back.

We just picked our first zucchini from our raised bed garden which has me super excited. It’s only a matter of time before we can have an entire salad from thing we’ve grown ourselves! And I also have been thinking a lot about blogging. Had a nice little chat with my husband over coffee about it, which he gave me some brilliant ideas. It’s so great to have someone to share all of that with!

Katie June 27, 2013 at 11:01 am #

How exciting about your garden! I can’t wait til we can create almost a whole meal from things we’ve grown ourselves. That’s the dream! Totally agree about the greatness of having someone to share everything with too. xx

2. Crys June 25, 2013 at 4:36 am #

Took me a minute to remember that ya’ll are out in Australia. Here in South Carolina, USA, we’re getting kinda sweaty (and its the coolest summer in decades!) Reading your post makes me home sick for wool sweaters and boots.
    Wishing you the best!
    ~Crys

Katie June 27, 2013 at 11:03 am #

I have to say, I don’t envy you! I am a winter girl, and even though our house is freezing, I am loving the cold. Woolly things and boots are my favourite! x

3. Meg June 25, 2013 at 7:11 am #

I love your “lately …” posts. A lovely way to celebrate life and an attractive format of photos and words. Is it copyright? I’d like to emulate.i look forward to all your posts.

Katie June 27, 2013 at 11:06 am #

No, it’s not copyright Meg and we’d love for you to write your own version! We only ask that if you use the same format for a post on your blog, you link back to our post as your inspiration :)

4. Madeleine June 25, 2013 at 9:51 am #

Hi Katie and Reuben,

it’s cold here in Armidale too – we’re expecting a top of 6 degrees today! I don’t know what sort of heating you have, but have you tried sitting with a hot water bottle on your knee, or behind your back? I find this great for when you just can’t get warm, or when you’re trying to be economical with the heating.

Lately I’ve been trying to slow down and do things more mindfully – this includes letting the kids cook with me and not worrying how long it takes to get dinner on the table! Last night we made a fennel,potato and butter bean casserole and an apple and raspberry crumble.

Have a beautiful day :) Madeleine

Katie June 27, 2013 at 11:09 am #

We have to replace our ancient natural gas heater so at the moment all we have is our reverse cycle air conditioner which does an ok job, but I’m kind of terrified of what our next electricity bill is going to be like. I love snuggling up with a hot water bottle! And your casserole and crumble sound soooooo good for this cold weather! x

5. Jane Y. June 25, 2013 at 10:52 pm #

i love this collection of photos~ love the vintage tray table!

Katie June 27, 2013 at 11:09 am #

Thanks Jane! :)

6. Kelly July 3, 2013 at 10:39 am #

Can I just say I adored your feature in ARTFUL BLOGGER. I’ve known if the magazine but just found and treated myself to a copy. I love your photography style. Congrats on the feature.