This Week Looks Like This…

Painting

Don’t worry, we have the very best help on hand:

Daisy in Renovating Mess

Poppy Painting

Hopefully we’ll be back soon, with some kind of progress to show for a week’s worth of paint stripping, sanding and painting.

In the meantime, we hope things are peachy with you!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

13 Responses to “This Week Looks Like This…”

1. Ali May 1, 2013 at 12:29 pm #

Dear Katie & Reuben, Mmmmmm I can see you have been busy but SO worth it, your house becomes more you every day, I am so glad that Daisy Delilah is in her position ( in bed, on floor ) to give the instructions & keep any eye on the workers, does she make your tea by any chance ?, Oh well I am sure she would if she could :) xx

Katie May 4, 2013 at 10:47 pm #

I keep asking her to make tea but she never does! ;)

2. Meg May 1, 2013 at 1:46 pm #

Best wishes with the painting – the long hours and hard work will be worth it when you can stand back and look at the beautiful room you’ve created – and it will be even more awesome because you did it yourselves!! Meg

3. maria @ cheekypinktulip May 1, 2013 at 8:43 pm #

Are the furry ones available to help us out? They look highly productive.

Good luck with it all!

Maria xx

4. Rita@thissortaoldlife May 1, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

5. Joy May 1, 2013 at 10:28 pm #

Cats are great helpers and supervisors…with anything :) We had a mad black cat once who for weeks sported a fetching white stripe down one side after he decided to squeeze in through a very slightly open newly painted door. The cat we have now had a very fetching green patch on her head after sticking her head into an open paint tin and brushing against the side…….. My daughter has the same trouble with her cats and dog. Have fun all of you…

Katie May 4, 2013 at 10:49 pm #

Our cats have somehow managed to stay paint-free so far but Daisy is currently sporting a few white spots (that is, aside from her regular white spots!) x

6. Jackie May 2, 2013 at 3:11 am #

Gotta’ love the fury children’s help! Love the pictures.

xo Jackie

7. Milynn May 2, 2013 at 6:43 am #

oh the joys of painting :) I love how your kitty wants to observe!

8. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur May 2, 2013 at 9:15 pm #

Oh you poor things. I loath painting :-D

9. Mike (CraftyDad) May 4, 2013 at 4:16 am #

Wow! This looks ALL too familiar.

My wife and I have been busy taking down wallpaper, washing walls, spackling walls, priming walls, and painting walls for the past month.

It has been a big, ugly project.

However…things are finally coming together. We are almost finished and it’s looking beautiful.

I have some ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos that I’ll be sharing on my blog very soon.

Hope you have a great weekend!

–Mike

Katie May 4, 2013 at 10:52 pm #

Can’t wait to see your before and afters, and share some of our own! I know what you mean about these projects being big and ugly… It’s all taking SO much longer than we ever expected. I just have to remind myself it will all be worth it in the end! :)

10. Van May 4, 2013 at 7:28 am #

Ah, creative chaos. Stressful but worth it when it’s all done.