Recipe: World’s Easiest Roast Veggie Tart

Slice of Roast Veggie Tart

This week, with us busy working on the house all day and very tired in the evenings as a result, our eating habits have been a bit all over the place. We’ve been having lots of quick, thrown together meals like this little tart, improvised with pantry staples for an easy (and yummy!) lunch. I roasted the veggies especially, but this recipe is also perfect for using up vegetables leftover from another meal. I used sweet potato, potato and onion in my tart, but you could use almost any vegetables you have on hand (though I would always include an onion!) You could also add fresh herbs, pesto, feta, sundried tomatoes, garlic or parmesan for extra flavour and yumminess. Think of this recipe as a blank canvas and get creative!

Worlds Easiest Roast Vegetable Tart

1/2 Medium Sweet Potato
5 Baby Potatoes
1 Brown Onion
1 Tbsp Olive Oil (or Olive Oil Cooking Spray)
4 Large Eggs
2 Tsp Self-Raising Flour
1/4 Cup Milk or Cream
1 Cup Grated Cheese
Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Chop sweet potato and potatoes into medium sized pieces and onion into wedges, and place in a baking dish. Drizzle/spray with olive oil and pop in the oven to roast for 45 minutes, or until tender.
3. Once vegetables are cooked, whisk eggs, milk/cream, flour, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Stir in cheese.
4. Pour egg and cheese mixture over roasted veggies.
5. Bake tart for 30 minutes, or until firm and golden.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Recipe: World’s Easiest Roast Veggie Tart”

1. penny May 5, 2013 at 12:58 am #

Katie that looks super scrummy, thanks for sharing x happy house painting xox Penny

2. Charlotte May 5, 2013 at 6:17 am #

yum, this looks really good! I’ve been trying to think of things to make with sweet potato since I got a big bag the other day, think I will have to give this recipe a go!

3. The Life of Clare May 5, 2013 at 7:08 am #

This is one of our go to lazy meals, especially with all the eggs we have right now.

4. Miss Piggy May 5, 2013 at 8:43 am #

This looks wonderful — shall add it to my “to try” pile of recipes. I think some of my vego friends would enjoy this too.

5. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur May 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm #

Yum! Will have to make this. On the menu for lunch here today is home made pizza – although it’ll be later than usual as the flour took longer than expected to grind :-)
    And tonight we are having a roast chicken – our first in many, many months! (it’s home grown)

Have a happy Sunday!
    Sarah x

6. Charlotte May 6, 2013 at 7:18 am #

Looks wonderful and adaptable – I shall give it a try this week as I was looking for a dish to use lots of vege in, thank you for sharing :)

7. Bake And Sew May 10, 2013 at 11:02 am #

This is tonight’s dinner! I shared on my Pinterest page as well http://pinterest.com/pin/124974958382281389/ – hope you get lots of visitors! :)

8. Stacey May 12, 2013 at 3:26 pm #

I baked this tonight for my husband on night shift… it is the ONLY meal he has ever eaten and not complained because it doesn’t have meat!!
    Will be a staple!
    Thank you!

Katie May 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

Hurrah!! What a lovely compliment! I am so glad he liked it :)

9. Kirsty@Bowerbird Blue June 13, 2013 at 1:30 am #

yum, love the one dish dinner