10 Good Things Right Now

Raspberries

Pancakes

Flower Sprouts

Unpacking Vintage Sheets

Poppy on Fence

Planting two raspberry bushes next to the blueberries we planted a few weeks ago.

Chocolate self-saucing pudding. (I use this recipe, with some tweaks.)

Receiving a lovely bundle of sheets in the mail from a lovely lady who reads our blog. (Thank you Samantha!)

Upacking the rest of my vintage linen collection, into our little craft room/studio.

Finally getting all my jewellery stuff off the dining table and into said studio!

Endless cups of tea after dinner.

Washing our first load of laundry with our homemade detergent. (It works wonderfully!)

The sprouting Snap Dragons, Alyssum and Johnny Jump Ups that we planted in pots, and the fact we live in a part of the world where flowers bloom almost year round.

Sunday morning pancakes and coffee.

All of the wonderful people who have purched trinkets from Dear Delilah. (So very, very grateful!)

What’s on your happy list right now?

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

24 Responses to “10 Good Things Right Now”

1. Catherine @ The Spring May 26, 2013 at 10:47 pm #

Hi Katie and Reuben,

RIGHT now… your home made laundry detergent is making me happy… I’m VERY interested to give that a try… otherwise… growing succulents from leaf propagations is my new favourite hobby, and putting the cottage back together after the epic chaos of a re-paint has me full of that tingly feeling only a fresh start can bring…

I love reading your blog although I don’t often leave a comment… just wanted to drop you a line this evening to say thanks! I love visiting your lovely quiet life here often!

x Catherine @ The Spring

Katie May 27, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

What a lovely comment, thank you Catherine! And I know what you mean about the chaos of painting… But that fresh start feeling makes it so worth it! x

2. Penny May 27, 2013 at 2:55 am #

Your vintage sheet collection looks gorgeous altogether! x Penny

3. Helen May 27, 2013 at 3:37 am #

Wow, I love the way you’ve stored all of those sheets, looks like a great collection.
    My happy list right now includes swimming outside for the first time this year today and seeing lots of new growth, feeling like spring might finally have arrived in the UK

Katie May 27, 2013 at 9:51 pm #

That’s not quite the full collection (I was still unpacking when I snapped this pic) but it’s almost all of them. I love how they look altogether too! Swimming and spring are very happy things indeed. :)

4. Natasha May 27, 2013 at 3:42 am #

I want to raid your shelves :D I’m so happy in our new house.

Katie May 27, 2013 at 9:52 pm #

I’m happy to hear you’re happy! ;)

5. Louise May 27, 2013 at 4:30 am #

You’re really coming on with the house and garden. Your shelves in the craft room look lovely, as do their contents.
    I hope you both have a lovely week.

6. Crys May 27, 2013 at 5:53 am #

I just read about your blog in Artful Blogging and had to see it for myself.
    Suffice it to say, you two are my new heroes! My husband and I also strive to live simply and the way you can do thought in such a beautiful way really inspires me. I will be back.
    ~Crys

• Crys May 27, 2013 at 5:54 am #

thought + that. I wish I could blame that on auto-correct….

Katie May 27, 2013 at 9:54 pm #

Aw Crys, you are so kind. Thank you very, very much for visiting, and for taking the time to comment! x

7. Christina Lowry May 27, 2013 at 8:31 am #

Oooh, what will you make with all those lovely sheets?

Making me happy? The three punnets of hollyhocks I’ve planted out in the cut flower garden. My little girl walking more and more. The cute pictures my little boy draws. Picking up my new glasses today. Coffee with friends. :)

Katie May 27, 2013 at 9:55 pm #

Dresses and quilts and other nice things, I hope! You’re happy list sounds divine. :)

8. Meg May 27, 2013 at 10:13 am #

Hi Katie and Reuben, thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos . . . on my happy list right now is drawing pictures with our 3.5 yo son and cuddles with our 11 month old son . . . oh, and seeing Something for Kate at the Theatre Royal (Castlemaine) last Friday night continues to make me smile!! Happy week to you both . . .

Katie May 27, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

Those are wonderful things Meg!! x

9. Lauren May 27, 2013 at 10:24 am #

Seeing this photo of Poppy in her new home and thinking about my new kitten, Alfie, in his new home (my house!) is making me very happy right now xx

10. jorjiapeach May 27, 2013 at 2:10 pm #

those linens! <3

11. Lynet Witty May 28, 2013 at 1:36 am #

My happy? My flowers! Oh they make me oh so happy! Also? finishing a project and checking it off my list!

12. Sophie Isobel May 28, 2013 at 2:09 pm #

So much gorgeousness! Your linen collection is looking so amazing and who can resist a self saucing pudding this time of year.
    Sophie xx

13. Mike (CraftyDad) May 29, 2013 at 6:31 am #

The vintage linens look very much at home in their cubbies.

Love the colors. And the fact that they are vintage.

Indeed!

I am WAY behind on kitchen renovation pictures, but plan to post some soon. Just too much to do lately. Can’t keep up!

Love your photos (as always).

Give Reuben my best!

14. Stephanie May 29, 2013 at 10:45 am #

How sweet! I’m loving all the sheets neatly tucked away.

15. Courtney May 29, 2013 at 5:40 pm #

What a gorgeous collection of vintage fabric! Even though I can’t see it all up close, it looks amazing.

16. Rachael Alsbury @ Frugal Faye May 30, 2013 at 1:22 am #

Beautiful! Love the vintage linens! Just found your blog from Maddie Richardson! Can’t wait to read more. :)

17. Samantha June 7, 2013 at 6:33 pm #

Lovely autumn coloured sheets in amongst the shades of purples and pinks ;) They look right at home there.
    Blessings,