Recipe: Raspberry, Coconut and Chia Muffins

Raspberry and Coconut Muffin

In recent months muffins have become a bit of a staple in our house. Reubs often starts work very, very early and I like to have muffins on hand so that he can grab one for breakfast on his way out the door. Along with my Roasted Pumpkin and Parmesan Muffins, these Raspberry, Coconut and Chia muffins have become a fast favourite.

Raspberry and Coconut Muffins

Makes approx. 12 muffins

1 Cup Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
1 Cup Desicated Coconut
1/2 Cup Almond Meal
1/2 Cup Raw Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Cup Coconut Cream
1 Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
At Least 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries (I use about 2 cups!)

Raspberry Muffins

1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
2. Combine all dry ingedients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix in egg and coconut cream and stir until well combined.
4. Stir in raspberries. (Use lots. The more raspberries the better, I think!)
5. Divide mixture into muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until firm and slightly golden.

These are especially delicious eaten when still warm. Go on!

Tags: , , ,

22 Responses to “Recipe: Raspberry, Coconut and Chia Muffins”

1. Kelly April 5, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

Katie. I made something similar the other day, however, I used coconut flour as I recently learned of a gluten intolerance and I used cherries and cacao powder. “Cherry Ripe” muffins I told my children and they were a hit.

Katie April 8, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

That sounds SO good Kelly! Might have to try adding some cocoa to mine next time…

2. Georgia April 5, 2013 at 9:28 pm #

I love anything raspberry and coconut. I think I’ll have to make these on the weekend, they look so good!

3. Zara April 5, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

Oh yummo. I love raspberries so no doubt these will be delicous.
    x

4. rue du tambour April 5, 2013 at 10:38 pm #

ñam!

5. Tammi April 5, 2013 at 11:12 pm #

Ooh, I am loving the addition of chia seeds and coconut in all forms is always a huge hit here. Look forward to trying these :)
    x

Katie April 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm #

I am seriously chia and coconut obsessed at the moment. I have been putting them both in everything! :)

6. The Life of Clare April 6, 2013 at 5:51 am #

These look delicious! I love using coconut milk in muffins and I agree, the more berries the better!

Katie April 8, 2013 at 10:00 pm #

Seriously, putting coconut milk/cream in muffins was a major revelation for me. It is SO good! x

7. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur April 6, 2013 at 7:21 am #

They sound SO good Katie! I like to put lots of berries in muffins too :-)
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Sarah x

PS I thought that since you love baking muffins so much, you might be interested in checking out my Cupcake/Muffin recipe competition. Hope this is okay?

Katie April 8, 2013 at 10:01 pm #

Of course that it ok! Thank you for sharing Sarah! x

8. Lynet Witty April 6, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

YUM! I love that blanket for your background!

9. Aimee Owl April 7, 2013 at 4:23 pm #

I have nominated you for the Liebster Awards!
    Check out my blog for more details :)
    -Aimee Owl :) xx

missowlb.blogspot.com.au

Katie April 8, 2013 at 10:01 pm #

Thank you very much Amy! :)

10. Gabby :) April 8, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

Yum! These look delicious! I might have to duck to the shops to make a delicious batch myself! Love your style! xx Gabs

11. sophie April 8, 2013 at 6:53 pm #

Okay, so I know that this is completely off topic but I’m moving soon, to christchurch because of my dads work and I’m sort of scared and need of some reassurance and tips.
    Do you have any tips or things for making new friends and finding cool thrift stores and other things? It would be much appreciated.

Katie April 8, 2013 at 10:10 pm #

Moving is always scary. We’ve done a lot of it, so I guess we are quite used to the upheaval now, but I don’t think it ever really gets easy… As fas as meeting people goes, I think the best way is to just be a part of things. Work, school, sports teams, craft groups etc. Almost all of our friends were met through either work or study. I think it’s really important to get out in your new community too. Just take the time to explore. You’ll be able to find anything you need in your new area with a quick google search, but it’s not until you get out and wander that you’ll really get to know the place and uncover local treasures. Most of all just have faith that everything will be ok! It might take a while to meet people and feel at home in your new city, but I’m sure it will be a wonderful adventure:)

• sophie April 9, 2013 at 4:33 am #

Thankyou for that!

12. Kristine@Orchard Bliss April 20, 2013 at 10:50 am #

These look amazing and I love coconut and raspberry so even better. Will be making these today since it’s stay indoors weather.

13. Laura October 24, 2013 at 7:19 am #

Delicious!

1. baking inspiration* | freaktvblog // daily adventures of screen-, graphic designer & illustrator jessie fröde - April 11, 2013

[...] everything else here: houseofhumble* [...]

2. baking inspiration* - May 28, 2014

[…] everything else here: houseofhumble* […]