Lately…

Sebby and Salad

Roses and Katie

Healthy Chocolate Milkshake and Daisy

Napping and Snacking

Necklace and Poppy

… We have been eating lots of salad with roasted pumpkin, chickpeas, lettuce and feta.

We have been really, really enjoying the cooler, autumn weather!

Reuben has been drawing.

Katie has been working on some sparkly crafty things…

We have bought two little blueberry plants for our garden.

We have been drinking healthy chocolate and almond “milkshakes” made with coconut cream, almond butter, cocoa, ice and rice malt syrup.

We have finally gotten our new hot water system! Hurrah!

We’ve been feeling rather unmotivated about renovating projects…

What’s been happening in your world lately?!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

18 Responses to “Lately…”

1. Zara April 8, 2013 at 8:33 pm #

That hot water system has come had a good time with nice hot showers a welcome addition to the cool evenings.
    They sure do sound like healthy milkshakes. I often find myself craving a milkshake of an afternoon and this version sounds delicous.
    x

Katie April 10, 2013 at 9:27 am #

We did have hot water before but the pressure was really, really bad. It is definitely nice to have proper full strength hot water again! And just in time for the cooler weather. The milkshake was based (very loosely) on this one. It was delicious! :)

2. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur April 8, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

I LOVE all of these pictures!! I recently discovered Rice Malt & must get my hands on some!
    Happy new week to you!
    Sarah xx

Katie April 10, 2013 at 9:31 am #

Yes, do! Seriously, it is so good. Rice Malt Syrup has kinda changed my life! x

3. Alana April 8, 2013 at 9:15 pm #

What a beauitiful life you have Katie. xx

4. AmyS April 8, 2013 at 9:54 pm #

I’m in the middle of birthday season and end of school years winding down so I feel like I’m stuck in a whirlwind. Just trying to find the joy in each day. Oh, we got a new addition to our family – a 1 year old kitten that we named Tinkerbell. She’s such a sweet girl and so very funny.

I can’t wait to see your other sparkly crafty things – that necklace is cute… looks like a jar full of pixie dust.

Katie April 10, 2013 at 9:33 am #

Thank you very much! I will be sharing more of my sparkly things soon. And congratulations on your new furbaby!! Tinkerbell is such a cute name! x

5. Colleen April 8, 2013 at 10:09 pm #

Please share the recipe for your MILKSHAKES. Pretty please.

Katie April 10, 2013 at 9:30 am #

Hi Colleen! My milkshake was loosely based on this one! :)

6. Rita@thissortaoldlife April 8, 2013 at 10:28 pm #

I have also been unmotivated by renovation projects–but we planted some new plants this weekend and I made progress on a sewing project! I have a short attention span these days, so smaller projects are better. I’ve learned that the renovation projects aren’t going anywhere, and we can live a lovely life in the meantime.

Katie April 10, 2013 at 9:36 am #

I have a terribly short attention span which is making renovating hard. That and the fact stripping paint is just really, really not fun! I was in such a hurry to get stuff done when we first settled on our house, but now I’m kinda at peace with the fact it is going to be a mess for quite some time… Haha! x

7. caroline April 8, 2013 at 11:49 pm #

You all are so funny…..looking at your pics of all the work on your house got me motivated to continue my projects around the house. hahaha Plenty of painting moldings & window frames…started to cover a low wall in my sunroom with gift cards….it looks sooooo good!!!
    But I probably need a few hundred more hahaha!!!! Have a great day!!!! P.S. I love your animals…they always look so cuddly!!!! ;)

8. Gina April 9, 2013 at 6:28 am #

Oh, I definitely relate to feeling unmotivated with the renovation/organizing projects. Our back basement workshop area needs to be decluttered and organized. Plus all the outdoor yard clean up because it’s spring here in the northeast USA.

Please share the recipe for the roasted squash/feta cheese salad!!! And what kind of dressing you use. :>

Gina
    Syracuse, New York
    USA

Katie April 10, 2013 at 9:40 am #

The salad is just leafy greens (I usually use cos lettuce or baby spinach but any greens would be fine), chickpeas, feta and roasted butternut pumpkin (AKA butternut squash). For the dressing I just throw some balsamic vinegar, garlic and olive oil in a jar and give it a good shake. It’s super easy and really yummy!! :)

9. Fiona April 9, 2013 at 4:49 pm #

I like the sparkly things! You also have cute cats!!!

10. Sara April 10, 2013 at 9:06 pm #

I think once the weather is more cold,people get more cuddly and ‘still’ so it´s natural you are a little bit off with renovating,the urge will come back you will see :)

everything you eat looks greats and it’s lunch hour here ;P

11. The Life of Clare April 19, 2013 at 10:03 pm #

Shame about the un motivation! But yay to everything else. The blueberry plants are super exciting! And Katie’s necklaces are beautiful!

12. Katie April 22, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

Haven’t had time to read my favorite blogs recently, so I’m catching up. Glad to see that you two are doing well, your house work keeps going and I love your sparkly and shiny little crafts. I also loved the photo of the cat looking through a whole and Reuben’s legs in the ceiling :-)