Easter Snippets

Carnival

Easter Egg

Picnic

Easter

Candy Love

Egg Hunting

The Easter long weekend is always one of my very favourite parts of the year. The weather is usually lovely and perfectly autumnal, everyone gets a few days off, Bendigo comes to life with the Bendigo Easter Festival (complete with parades, markets, petting zoo and rides!) and we always have a special picnic. For Reuben and I, Easter just wouldn’t be Easter without a picnic! Our annual picnic tradition began when we were living in Queensland. One year we arranged a lunch with friends at Kondalilla National Park in Montville, and we’ve been doing it ever since. When we lived in Sydney Reubs and I had quiet little Easter picnics, just the two of us, but when we moved to Victoria we invited our new friends and it became a fun group thing once more, just as it should be! This year we ate sandwiches, butterfly cakes, quiche, rumballs, carrot cake, potato salad, mars bar slice and much more, lazed about in the autumn sunshine and had an Easter egg hunt at the Bendigo Botanic Gardens (that’s what Reubs and I are doing in that last picture! Ha!) It was delightful.

No matter what you believe or how you celebrate, I hope your Easter long weekend was full of happy things. Wishing you lots of goodness for the week ahead!

PS Thanks to our friend Brenny, who took the pictures of the Easter egg in the leaf and us hunting!

Tags: , , ,

14 Responses to “Easter Snippets”

1. Rita@thissortaoldlife April 2, 2013 at 4:25 am #

Lovely pics. We had a sunny Easter, which is a rare occurrence in the rainy Pacific NW. So strange to me to think of Easter as autumnal, as for us it signals the real beginning of spring. Seems that right now the seasons are much in balance all over the world–not too cold nor too warm, at just about the tipping point of transition. Hope the coming months will be lovely for you.

Katie April 2, 2013 at 11:34 pm #

It’s funny, in Australia Easter is still celebrated with eggs, chicks, bunnies and springy things, which is kind of ironic given the days are get shorter and the leaves are starting to turn. It’s like at Christmas time, when “Let is Snow” is playing on the radio while it’s 40°C outside! Silly really.

2. The Life of Clare April 2, 2013 at 6:04 am #

What a wonderful weekend. We had a Victorian motorbike adventure. Your picnic sounds perfect!

Katie April 2, 2013 at 11:20 pm #

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! x

3. Helsbells April 2, 2013 at 7:13 am #

Oooh I am sooo jealous of your sunny weather. here in the UK it still feels like winter, just 2 degrees today brrrrrrr.

Katie April 2, 2013 at 11:19 pm #

Eek! Hope you get some warmer weather soon. Sending sunny thoughts your way! x

4. Cassie April 2, 2013 at 10:22 am #

I love Easter time too! Perfect weather. Your picnic looks beautiful. Where did you get your skirt from? I love love love it!

Katie April 2, 2013 at 11:18 pm #

Aw, thank you! It’s actually a dress! Unfortunately it’s really old. I got it from Modcloth ages ago…

5. Georgia April 2, 2013 at 10:27 am #

I love the idea of an annual Easter picnic. I might have to adopt that tradition next year!

Katie April 2, 2013 at 11:16 pm #

It is a GREAT tradition! I highly recommend it! :)

6. AmyS April 3, 2013 at 3:06 am #

You two are so cute – I can practically hear the giggles over here.

7. Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com April 3, 2013 at 4:50 am #

Easter is quite possibly my favorite holiday of the year – and we have a picnic too, it’s great! =) Ours has never included animals, though, and I’m kind of feeling inspired to change that next year based on this blog post. What a fun idea. I’ll bet we could find a local event with a petting zoo or a farm that has something going on to celebrate spring around now…and I’ll bet my 3.5 year old would love it!

8. Bekuh April 4, 2013 at 6:02 am #

Your Easter weekend looks like so much fun! I wish we’d had a festival or fair or something to go to. Geesh.

9. lucent imagery April 8, 2013 at 9:23 am #

Just wonderful. I agree that easter is one of the best long weekends of the year. We escaped the city and visited my auntie and uncle’s farm for some cuddles with animals, talking to cows, wandering in gum boots, early morning fog and reading and couch snoozes! Sometimes one can’t be too old for an easter egg hunt – the shiny wrappings still excite don’t they?