10 Good Things Right Now

Kitchen Windowsill and Sebby Napping

Tiny Flowers and Making Pancakes

Feather Flower and Sleeping Poppy

Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup and Daisy Sleeping

Poppy and Latte

Homemade pancakes with blueberry syrup.

Finally locking down a plumber to replace our rusted out hot water system. (We never realised plumbers could be so elusive!)

Going for walks and gathering little collections of flowers and feathers.

Hot cross buns!

Friendly neighbours who offer a helping hand. (Country towns are lovely.)

Standing in our yard and hearing cows moo from just down the road. (Seriously, country towns are lovely!)

Clean sheets.

Looking forward to our plans for the Easter long weekend.

Gnocci with basil, picked fresh from the little plant on our kitchen window sill.

Late afternoon storms.

What’s filling your heart with happiness today?!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

22 Responses to “10 Good Things Right Now”

1. missmintyfresh March 28, 2013 at 12:35 am #

Next time you get a thunderstorm please take some pictures for us? I used to live in a few various places in States (in the south!) where the storms are just monstrous and beautiful. None ever really happen where I live now and wow do I miss them!

Katie March 28, 2013 at 12:20 pm #

Unfortunately we don’t get many real thundery storms with proper lightning here. Mostly it just gets really humid and hot, then breaks with a bit of thunder rumbling and a little rain. We used to get amazing storms when we lived further north, in Queensland! x

2. Zoe March 28, 2013 at 1:34 am #

Ah country towns are just so lovely! I can’t wait until we can leave the city life.

My heart is filled with baby happiness!

Katie March 28, 2013 at 12:20 pm #

Oh, baby happiness! Just beautiful. So happy for you Zoe! x

3. Rita@thissortaoldlife March 28, 2013 at 3:28 am #

What is filling my heart? Hmmm…
    A lovely trip home to see my parents, with my kids, where we had beautiful, sunny weather, a day to explore shops full of pretties, and evenings with good food and ferociously-fought board games.

I want you to come to my house and make pancakes. :-)

Katie March 28, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

That sounds so wonderful Rita! <3

4. fenn March 28, 2013 at 7:12 am #

Mmmmm, your pancakes look so scrumptious! How do you make them? I only tend to see/eat the thin crepe-style pancakes here in England :(

What’s filling my heart? Making home-made vegetable lasagna with my sister, baking with my mama and the fact I’m seeing my boyfriend tomorrow after a 3 week gap :D

Fenn x

• Reuben
      Reuben March 28, 2013 at 12:17 pm #

They are so easy! The batter we use is just 1 cup of self raising flour, 1 cup of milk and 1 egg (and sugar to taste, if you like). For the syrup I just melted a big knob of butter and a heaped dessert spoon of brown sugar in a pan, until he sugar was dissolved and the mixture was starting to brown and go syrupy, then added a couple of handfuls of frozen blueberries and simmered them in the syrup for a few minutes :)

5. Fazee March 28, 2013 at 7:22 am #

My first grandson due any day,exciting.The Easter Bunnys on the way,for a Easter Egg hunt at Grannies,yay,my.My wonderful husband,lots and lots of happiness.
    Have a great Easter guys,if your traveling,stay safeXXOO

Katie March 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm #

Oh my goodness, that is so exciting! What a special time for your family. Enjoy! x

6. The Life of Clare March 28, 2013 at 7:42 am #

What a delightful 10 things! I love hear the cows, chicks and magpies in the morning. I really does make a difference to life.

Katie March 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm #

You are right Clare, it totally does! :)

7. Pam Sohan March 28, 2013 at 8:23 am #

A weekend spent with friends, a lovely full moon, chilly temps perfect for snuggling under warm blankies, seeign the neighborhood goats, a ring tailed cat in our tree (its really not a cat LOL it’s related to the raccoon) but we had never had one before.

Katie March 28, 2013 at 12:24 pm #

That all sounds gorgeous! And a ring tailed cat – I’ve never heard of such a thing! Though we do get ring tailed possums here in Australia…

8. Katie March 28, 2013 at 9:21 am #

What a beautiful collection of pictures- I love your kettle and crocheted blanket, and those flowers are absolutely gorgeous.
    xx

Katie March 28, 2013 at 12:24 pm #

Thank you so much Katie! You are very kind! x

9. Miss Piggy March 28, 2013 at 10:59 am #

Yes, country towns are wonderful! Your pets are very cute…nicely draped on the sofa just so.

Katie March 28, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

Oh, I know! Fur babies are just part of the decor around here! ;)

10. Nadia March 28, 2013 at 11:55 pm #

The smell of impending rain after a stinking hot day – like today.

Tad jealous of you guys living in the country. I’m in Syd and can’t wait until I can leave. I want a vegie patch and fruit trees!

Happy Easter!

11. Julie March 31, 2013 at 8:46 am #

The flower shots are KILLING me. I need flowers in my life pronto. And I know what you’re saying about the cows- we just moved to a very rural area and our neighbor’s rooster lets himself be known quite regularly. Soon enough it’ll be our rooster crowing.. Can you imagine the sweet racket? :)

12. Alice, Pretty Confused April 3, 2013 at 1:07 am #

That first cat photo is amazing, absolutely love these posts – they always make me smile xo

13. Kelli Girsch April 10, 2013 at 2:54 am #

Hi Katie,
    I really like your blog..
    What is filling my heart with happiness today is my three children are healthy and full of the promise of life.

Kelli Girsch buybabydeals.com