10 Good Things Right Now

Sleepy Dog 2

Rocking Chair

Cloth Magazine

Poppy and Katie

Face Latte

Daisy sleeping in an adorable tangle of blankets and pillows.

Dandelions.

Getting a little bit of rain last week! (We needed it so, so badly. Let’s hope we get more soon.)

Roasted pumpkin and parmesan muffins.

Afternoon walks around the itty bitty town that is now our home.

Our new rocking chair. (Especially paired with the lovely cushion by Moose and Bird that we picked up at One Fine Day Handmade back in November!)

Spearmint and chamomile tea.

Receiving another little mention in Cloth Magazine.

Unpacking and using our espresso machine. (Oh, how we had missed it!)

Feeling the slightest hint of autumn in the morning breeze.

What’s making you smile right now? Please share your happy list!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

24 Responses to “10 Good Things Right Now”

1. Penelope March 4, 2013 at 10:51 am #

The hint of Spring is definitely making me smile right now :o) I am fed up with the Winter and grey skies. I like the sound of Spearmint and Chamomile tea and your cushion looks too sweet on your rocking chair xox Penelope

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:43 am #

It must sound so crazy to you, but I am absolutely LONGING for winter and grey skies! Haha! This summer has been the hottest on record here and I am beginning to forget what it feels like to be cool/comfortable. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side! ;)

2. Lou March 4, 2013 at 11:06 am #

Monte Carlo biscuits we purchased from The Vintage Baker (daylesford) at the Food and Wine festival yesterday in Melbourne :) Wish we bought more…
    Lou @ The Honesty Path

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:44 am #

Oh, homemade Monte Carlos sound incredible! Yum!! x

3. Zara March 4, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

Your cat looks like its smiling, and i know those dug in claws = happy kitty.
    Making me smile- planting seedlings in the vegie garden.
    x

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:46 am #

Yes, she loves flopping over our shoulders like that but her little claws do hurt! And how exciting to be planting seedlings!! I can’t wait to get our veggie garden going next spring :)

4. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur March 4, 2013 at 2:56 pm #

I love the little picture on your espresso! It must be fun to be able to do that :-)
    Love the rocking chair!

Enjoy the week,
    Sarah xo

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:49 am #

Reubs has worked as a barista/cafe manager for years, so he’s the coffee maker in our house. And I love when he puts little pictures on my lattes! I however can barely steam the milk… Ha! x

5. Cassandra March 4, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

Oh, I totally needed that today. I was just about to unleash a blog post about how miserable and tired I was.

Thankyou for snapping me out of my sad mood. I have much to be grateful for!! I would love to know how to make an awesome moon face on my coffee though!!

Making me smile right now – Mrs Naomi chook has survived her third round of surgery and is back in the run with her other girls, having their afternoon tea of porridge and yoghurt. They love it!

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:50 am #

Oh, I’m so happy to hear we could help in some small way. And so glad to hear Mrs Naomi Chook is doing well! Hope this week is extra kind to you Cassandra! xx

6. Mevrouw Wispeltuut March 5, 2013 at 12:34 am #

The sun!

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:51 am #

Hurrah for the sun!! :)

7. Milynn March 5, 2013 at 3:03 am #

Cute coffee art :) and congrats on the growing list of mentions! That is so exciting!

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:51 am #

Thank you so much Milynn. You are the sweetest! x

8. Nicole (@TreasureTromp) March 5, 2013 at 6:22 am #

oh I need to check out cloth mag now! congrats

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:52 am #

It’s such a cute magazine. We like it a lot! :)

9. Jen March 5, 2013 at 8:22 am #

This post was a much needed reminder to pay attention to the little things that make me happy during my day. Your post inspired my own little daily joy post on my blog :)

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:53 am #

Yay!! That makes us so happy Jen! Thank you :)

10. Gina March 5, 2013 at 9:14 am #

What’s making me smile? Updates from House of Humble! Other things, too, like it’s getting near Spring in in New York State, USA; daffodil bulbs coming up; planning for the veggie garden; yarn bought on sale at the big craft store. Also making up a “crochet bag” of goodies for a friend in need.

And those pumpkin muffins sound DIVINE! And nutritious, too. :>

The house remodeling looks wonderful. Can’t wait to see more photos.

Gina
    Syracuse, NY, USA

Katie March 5, 2013 at 9:55 am #

Those are all very, very good thing indeed Gina! We haven’t done any work on the house over the last week (I think we went a little overboard and have been feeling a bit burnt out) but we are hoping to get stuck back into it this week. That’s the plan anyway! x

11. eliza March 5, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

love your polka dots! and the lattes (someday i’ll get one with a face in it! just leaves and hearts, so far!).

12. Elle Mental March 5, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

Sitting in front of my 1890’s wood stove that is finally in use at my house…It has been a long time in coming…Oh happy day! You sound happy which also makes me smile. Take care of yourself and enjoy your new rocker!

13. Cassie March 5, 2013 at 10:49 pm #

The latte art is awesome! Like others have said, thanks for reminding us to remember the small things in life to be thankful for x well …. Lets see… I’m thankful for feeling strong after a few awesome workouts at the gym, slowly but surely I am making progress at reading ‘Jane Eyre’ , finding lessons online to teach me to crochet, my dogs cute velvet like ears and the expression on his eyebrows & wine :) Cassie x

14. robbie March 6, 2013 at 5:04 am #

the face in the latte! hahaha.