Lately…

Beautiful Books

Brunch

Bee

Country Style

Avocados and Mangos

Poppy Paws

… We have been reading Whole Larder Love, What Katie Ate, The Little Veggie Patch Co.’s Guide to Backyard Farming and The Gourmet Farmer Deli Book. They are all so wonderful. We might have to write a more detailed posts about these books soon.

We have eating lots of salad and icy things.

We have received a little mention in Country Style magazine!

We have been staying out of the heat as much as possible and been playing boardgames like Scrabble and Articulate.

We have had another amazing brunch at Bendigo Corner Store cafe. (Their veggie burger and veggie breakfast never disappoint!)

Katie has been cooking pumpkin and spinach lasagne and baking nectarine crumble.

Reuben has been making lots of plans for our vegetable patch.

We have been so very, very excited about our upcoming move!

What’s been happening in your world lately?

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

17 Responses to “Lately…”

1. Cassie January 12, 2013 at 11:30 pm #

Staying out of the heat, certainly!! Been making home-made Gelati and Pavlova with my own eggs. Congrats on the Country Style magazine shout-out – totally well deserved :)

Katie January 13, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

Oh, gelati and pavlova with homegrown eggs sound amazing! It’s been all about homemade nectarine crumble and strawberry cheesecake over here :)

2. Penelope January 13, 2013 at 1:50 am #

Ooooh I wish I could say we’ve been staying out of the heat, its more like staying out of the rain in the UK :o) I’ve just finished knitting a winter woolly hat with madeline tosh vintage yarn, it’s so divine to knit with and perfect for the potential of snow!

Congrats on your mention in the magazine, your blog is so real and clever and honest.
    xox Penelope

Katie January 13, 2013 at 8:59 pm #

Gosh, that sounds lovely Penelope! There really is nothing like the feeling of yarn between your fingers while the cold rain beats down outside… You’ve got me pining for winter now! ;)

3. Helen January 13, 2013 at 4:40 am #

Such lovely pictures
    I’m eager to check out some of those books too, I’m on a self imposed buying ban until I get rid of stuff though
    well done on your magazine mention!

4. Rebekah January 13, 2013 at 6:52 am #

SO excited for you guys! Your home looks beautiful! It will be so wonderful to settle in and make it your own.

Congrats on the magazine mention! Thats awesome!

5. Kimmy January 13, 2013 at 7:17 am #

pumpkin and spinach lasagne? That sounds amazing!!!
    Congrats on the mention! That’s amazing.

Katie January 13, 2013 at 9:00 pm #

It is SO good Kimmy! I think I’ll have to share the recipe. And thank you! x

6. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur January 13, 2013 at 7:55 am #

Such a happy little list! I think I’m a bit excited about your move too!

xx

7. robbie January 13, 2013 at 8:24 am #

my gosh! i’m getting jealous of your garden planning type stuff. it’s been so gloomy here lately. i’m dying to see the sun!

8. Ngaio January 13, 2013 at 2:36 pm #

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the summer!
    I hope you guys are safe and well away from the horrid fires we hear so much about here in NZ.

Ngaio xx

Katie January 13, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

Thank you so much Ngaio, and yes, we are safe and out of harm’s way. We feel very very lucky, but of course our hearts break for those who have lost everything. Australia is a beautiful country but it can be terribly brutal xx

9. Jennifer January 13, 2013 at 9:39 pm #

Oh my gosh I can’t believe I missed your buying a home post, congratulations! I can’t wait to see the transformation once you both move in, those front windows look very appealing :)
    I was just telling my Mum about A Whole Larder Love today, she is in her 60′s and starting to get back to more simpler cooking.

Jenn.

10. Gina January 14, 2013 at 9:52 am #

Yes, please do share the spinach and pumpkin lasagna recipe and the one for the nectarine crumble. Even though it’s snowy and foggy here in the middle of New York State in the US, both sound like great recipes for this time of year.

Gina

11. laura January 14, 2013 at 10:44 am #

i do so enjoy your ‘lately’ posts. your photos are always divine. congrats on the house buy too! how exciting. in response to your question about the teapot screenprint and others, i will have a big cartel store up and running in march. let me check as i only made three teapots and have a feeling i may have sold them all already, but if i have a spare, are you keen? they’re $35 which incl postage. thanks for the love!

12. Lou January 14, 2013 at 6:15 pm #

Oooh the Little Veggie Patch Co books are the BEST resources for backyard farming! I bought the book for my boyfriend last spring and we followed all their advice when planting our veggie patch. So far we’ve had successful crops of corn, tommies, carrots, and rocket! Our herb garden is going great too. The only thing that didn’t work out was our lettuce, which seemed to grow upwards instead of in a ball!
    Good luck with your veggie patch!

Lou x
    foxywhiskers.com

13. Jess from Vintage Pie January 17, 2013 at 10:45 am #

I saw your Country Style mention! I was so excited for you- Country Style is the ultimate! You guys live such a pretty life- that brunch looks so good x