Sweet Hearts and French Hens

For the last week I’ve been feverishly stitching some sweet little heart pins.

I made one and thought “Oh that was fun! I might make another.” And then I made another. And another. And another… I’ve got quite a little bundle of them now! They are all made out of scraps of Liberty of London cotton, calico and lovely felt, handstitched with embroidery floss and lots of love. I might even pop a few of them into an Etsy store. What do you think?

I’ve also made some cute Christmas ornaments! I created these spiffy three french hens for Simply Homemade magazine. You can find the details here. You could even make your own!

Have you made any nice stuff lately?

Tags: , , , ,

30 Responses to “Sweet Hearts and French Hens”

1. Kellene Elise December 13, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

These are just adorable! I love them! You should definitely make them available on Etsy, I know I’d be interested… So cute! :)

2. Meg December 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

They are super lovely Katie! Good luck with sales on Etsy . . . I am sure they will be snapped up! It really is the time of year for hand making (gifts) isn’t it? I have just finished a patchwork owl for a little girl who is one, and some art smocks/cooking aprons for three little boys . . . I really love making gifts – it’s like the gift gives twice . . . enjoyment for the maker and the receiver!

Katie December 14, 2012 at 8:33 am #

Yes! And handmade gifts are much more likely to be kept and loved long term. A store bought toy will likely be discarded by next year but a handmade patchwork owl?! I’m sure that will be treasured always. Great work Meg! :)

3. Mandy December 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm #

The badges are beautiful!
    I’ve made some crochet stars for the Christmas tree & as little gift tags for the jars of lemon curd I am going to make :) love this time of year!

Katie December 14, 2012 at 8:34 am #

Oh, homemade lemon curd decorated with crohet stars?! I couldn’t think of anything lovelier! x

4. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur December 13, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

These are gorgeous Katie! You should definitely put these in an Etsy or Madeit Store! They are just lovely!
    xx

5. Petit Pixel December 13, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

Seriously love Katie…you’re so crafty…it would be the perfect time to jump into Etsy with something as gorgeous as those little hearts! You could be the Etsy Store Guinea Pig that helps me get up the courage to start my own hehe

6. rhonda jean December 13, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Katie, they’re so cute! You’re a very neat with your stitching. Pop them in an Etsy shop, I’m sure you’ll sell them.

I’m making a double cowl scarf in NZ pure wool with matching long-arms fingerless mittens for my sister’s birthday in January. She lives in Blackheath.

Katie December 14, 2012 at 8:40 am #

Oh, your lucky sister! That sounds gorgeous. And she’d definitely need them in Blackheath! x

7. Bryley December 13, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

Beautiful, Katie!

8. Penelope December 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

Just gorgeous Katie, you should definitely sell them, they will go before you press go…:o)

9. Anski December 13, 2012 at 7:07 pm #

Those hearts are so cute!

10. Larissa December 13, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

The hearts are just gorgeous, I love them! x

11. sian December 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

i love them! so pretty – how did you do the text – is it stitching too?x

Katie December 14, 2012 at 8:37 am #

No, the text bits are little fabric transfers that I created with photoshop :)

12. Floss December 14, 2012 at 12:25 am #

Bonjour! Your French hens are portraits of our very own French hens! The white one is a Sussex we’ve called Holly. The black one is a Marrans (a true French breed) known to us as Annabeth and the red one (not sure of the breed) we call Rosie. Not very French names, but truly French hens… Nice to find them portrayed here so stylishly! And your hearts are wonderful. Such a nice idea, and so well done. Joyeux noël!

13. Milynn {love and whimsy} December 14, 2012 at 3:42 am #

lovely little ornaments! I’m starting to make a few handmade ornaments myself. Adds more character to the tree doesn’t it? :)

14. Dulce December 14, 2012 at 5:30 am #

adorable, wish i could have a tree this year and make this pretty things, maybe next year i would try them :)

15. Savanah December 14, 2012 at 7:47 am #

These are so cute!! I’m jealous of your embriodery. You’ve done a fantastic job! :)

16. Kat December 14, 2012 at 8:56 am #

Oh those little pins are just adorable!

17. Tammi December 14, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

Oh my goodness, they are the cutest little brooches I ever did see!
    x

18. Holli Anne December 15, 2012 at 9:05 am #

Notes to self: 1. Learn how to sew 2. Make these

Love them, Katie!

19. lindsey December 15, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

i absolutely adore those pins and would definitely buy some! the hen ornaments are darling, too. my mom collects all things hens, and know she’d love one of those!

20. Katy~TheCountryBlossom December 18, 2012 at 6:08 am #

These are incredibly cute! I just love them! :)

21. Ginny December 20, 2012 at 4:49 pm #

Hello! Absolutely love these.

Just letting you know I nominated you as a very inspiring blogger (http://ginplustonic.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/how-to-top-meeting-santa/) because I love your work. Keep it up.

Cheers, Ginny

22. chloe December 22, 2012 at 7:21 am #

These are so lovely!

23. Em December 23, 2012 at 3:05 am #

So lovely! The hearts are just adorable.

24. noel January 26, 2013 at 2:51 am #

the hearts are so beautiful! They make me smile!

1. Salt Dough Stars | House of Humble - December 18, 2012

[...] with glitter and hung them on our tiny tree, along with Reuben’s crocheted decorations, my three french hens and some tiny vintage baubles. So the lack of feeling festive is not for a want of trying! Maybe [...]

2. My Creative Journey (and Thoughts on the Fear of Failure) | House of Humble - April 16, 2013

[...] Liberty of London sweetheart pins, made by me 2012. [...]