So That Was Christmas

Candlelight

Christmas Tree

Cheese and Strawberries

Blue Cheese and Pear Tart

Table Decor

Ginger

Well, that’s Christmas done and dusted for another year! We’ve spent the last few days eating, playing board games, eating, watching movies and eating. On Christmas day we slept in, then I made a batch of scones for breakfast which we ate while still warm, with jam and cream. We unwrapped our tiny bundle of gifts then spent the rest of the morning playing scrabble and cards outside in the sunshine. We set the table with handmade candles left over from this gorgeous wedding and the scrappy doily table runner I made for Handmade Christmas, then I made a delicious blue cheese and pear tart with walnut crust (based on this recipe), which we had with baked veggies for lunch. In the afternoon we watched Love Actually and ate trifle for dessert. It was quite lovely really. Low key and lovely.

I hope you all had a peachy Christmas. I can’t quite believe it is almost the beginning of a brand new year! Oh 2012, where did you go!?

Tags: , , , ,

Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's raspberry baked cheesecake will rock your socks off.

14 Responses to “So That Was Christmas”

1. Jennifer December 27, 2012 at 9:48 pm #

That tart looks delicious <3

2. Michelle December 27, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

Looks perfect!

3. Jane @ Shady Baker December 28, 2012 at 9:13 am #

This looks perfect Katie, love it. That tarts looks and sounds incredible…any chance of you sharing a link to the recipe? If you are still on holidays I hope you are having a lovely time :) Oh…I have scone envy too, yum!

Katie December 29, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

Oops! I normally link to the recipe but completely forgot about it this time! I used this recipe, but with pears instead of figs. It is delicious but extraordinarily rich, so be warned! ;)

4. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur December 28, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

Your Christmas looks great! Love the table, so pretty; you can’t beat fresh scones warm from the oven!

We spent Christmas and Boxing day watching Downton Abbey on DVD, and enjoyed a bit of rain too! Our “Christmas Lunch” consisted of a bought smoked leg ham, some simple salad, mango smoothies and dip – it was simple, delicious and just the right kind of food for a humid summer’s day! Overall it was all very relaxing and I’m glad we took the time out to rest.
    Happy New Year!
    xox

Katie December 29, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

Downton Abbey and Mango Smoothies sound absolutely perfect to me. Happy New Year Sarah! xx

5. Raynor December 28, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

I’m so pleased that you lovelies had a great Christmas. ^_^ That ginger fuzzles is more than I can handle! >^.^<

Have a fantastic 2013, Katie and Reuben!

Katie December 29, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

Happy New Year to YOU lovely Raynor!! xx

6. Jenny December 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

Sounds like a beautiful Christmas… love all the pics…

Jenny ♥

7. Karen December 29, 2012 at 1:59 am #

That sounds like just the perfect Christmas!

Do you have a recipe for the scones – I would love to try making them!

Wishing you both a year filled with happines and contentment.

Katie December 29, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

I used this recipe for the scones. They were really fantastic warm, but a bit hard by the next day :)

8. eliza December 29, 2012 at 5:26 am #

merry, christmas, you guys!

honestly, my favorite christmases by far are the quiet ones. this one was not that! but it was good none the less.

happy new year, you guys!

9. Kristen January 4, 2013 at 2:36 am #

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! looks like a lovely, relaxing Christmas.

10. Kelly January 13, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

we watched love actually too, one of my favourites at christmas :)