Scenes from Queensland

We’ve spent the last week and a bit in our beautiful home state, Queensland. We’ve wandered about at the Eumundi Markets, eaten icecreams (and been pelted with hailstones!) at Somerset Dam and explored the Currumbin rockpools. We’ve spent time with our families, played with puppies, sipped many, many iced coffees and been slightly overwhelmed by the humidity. Tomorrow we’ll start the drive back down south. Though we will be making stops at Coffs Harbour, Bellingen and Sydney so we’ve still got more adventures to come yet! We’ll be so sad to leave everyone up here, but we are starting to look forward to getting home now. We miss my mum and our friends, our fur babies and our own bed. It’s lovely to get away, but it’s also a good reminder of all the wonderful stuff back home. Home is good.

We hope your world is full of sunshine and smiley things right now! Wishing you all a happy week ahead.

Tags: , ,

Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's raspberry baked cheesecake will rock your socks off.

14 Responses to “Scenes from Queensland”

1. messy November 20, 2012 at 10:28 pm #

I adore Queensland. I drove around Australia starting in 2000 for a year and a half. I stayed the longest in Cairns cause i just fell in love with it. I did so many adventures in Queensland…some great memories! Thanks for making me remember!

Glad you having a fun and safe trip!

Cheers,
    Messy

Katie November 26, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

Reubs and I bogh grew up in Queensland so it holds a very special place in our hearts. I’m not sure I’d like to live there again (I’m no good in the humidity!) but whenever we go back there it feels like returning home. And it’s such a beautiful part of the world! :)

2. Jess November 20, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

That berry tart looks pretty much like my idea of the most perfect dessert ever!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures – reminded me that no matter how much I may yearn for Europe and far-flung adventures at times, we are pretty lucky to call this amazing state home. I guess it helps a bit when you live in Cairns too..!

Katie November 26, 2012 at 4:09 pm #

Totally agree about the berry tart! It was from a patisserie in Montville. I could eat little berry tarts all day every day… They are pretty much my idea of the perfect food! xx

3. Miss Piggy November 21, 2012 at 9:37 am #

I love that it all looks so summery and warm…and the shot of the pelicans is wonderful (did you know that a pelicans beak can hold more than its belly can)!

Katie November 26, 2012 at 4:10 pm #

Wow, no I didn’t know that! Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

4. Heidi November 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Beautiful photos Katie, thanks so much for sharing. David and I don’t live very far away from Currumbin and it is a stunning place. We were just down at Currumbin Beach this morning for an appointment and it is absolutely glorious. The water was that exquisite aquamarine colour – I’m kicking myself that I didn’t take a photo! :)

So glad you had an amazing road trip and yes it’s always lovely to be home too though. I’m sure your furbabies have missed you both lots and lots x

Katie November 26, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

Oh Heidi, how lucky you are to live in such a lovely part of the world! Currumbin is just gorgeous. The rock pools especially stole my heart! xx

5. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur November 21, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

Gorgeous pics.
    Safe journey home xo

6. Becky November 21, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

Lovely pictures! :) When I saw the pic of Reuben swinging in shorts, in my mind I was like “What the chicken?” and then I remembered that your weather is the opposite of ours. Well played, Earth’s axis.

Katie November 26, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

Hahaha! It is getting properly HOT here now! Summer has very nearly arrived in Australia :)

7. Helen November 23, 2012 at 10:29 am #

looks like a beautiful trip
    I’m pretty jealous of those blue skies, I feel I haven’t seen one for months

8. Julie November 24, 2012 at 7:19 pm #

Oh Katie, The photos are beautiful. So glad to see you and Reuben are having such a wonderful time. I’m sure Poppy, Daisy & Sebby will smother you in kisses and cuddles when you get home. Safe travels x

9. Kelly January 13, 2013 at 10:31 pm #

everytime i see a photo of you katie i just want to see the dress you’re wearing too! :) i can always tell its some amazing old fabric, you tease. hehe.