Road Tripping

For the last week we’ve been…

Driving through beautiful countryside, by gorgeous beaches and over rolling hills.

Attending the loveliest wedding of all time.

Having late night Thai food feasts in our motel room.

Listening to Doctor Karl podcasts, as well as lots of Bon Iver, The Weepies, Jenny Lewis, Neil Young, Sigur Ros and Cat Stevens.

Eating pancakes and bruschetta for breakfast, by the river in Coffs Harbour.

Catching up with family and dear friends.

Stopping at lovely country towns for coffee and cake, and to poke about in antique stores and op-shops.

Eating hot chips and watching the sun set, by the water in Noosa.

Having wonderful conversations in the car.

Driving by the Big Merino, The Big Banana, The Big Pineapple and The Big Pelican!

Discovering the cutest little handmade store in Bangalow.

Meeting gorgeous Rhonda in person, eating her lovely homegrown food and being ever so inspired by her words.

Feeding ducks and making friends with cats.

It’s been such a wonderful week and we are enjoying every bit of our trip! We hope your week has been equally peachy. We’ll be back to share more of our adventures soon!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , ,

23 Responses to “Road Tripping”

1. Sarah @ gladys in the garden November 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Sounds just perfect. Great shots too.
    Lucky you that you got to meet Rhonda.
    Looove those bikes.

2. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur November 13, 2012 at 7:55 pm #

Your pics are beautiful. Enjoy!
    xo

3. rhonda jean November 13, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

I loved having you here and chatting over lunch. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. I’ll keep in touch. xx

4. Loreena November 13, 2012 at 9:14 pm #

Looks like you guys are having a great time. The coast is such a spectacular journey :)

5. Christina November 13, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

Oh, look at you two sweethearts! Looks like a wonderful trip and how equally fantastic to spend time with Rhonda at her table. I’ve been to the big banana and the big pineapple, but I shall have to add the pelican and ram to my list now! :)

Katie November 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

It was so wonderful to spend time with Rhonda in person! She is such an inspiring lady and we left her home feeling so encouraged and motivated. The Big Merino is at Goulburn. There’s nothing much there, but there is a really good bakery just across the road! The Big Pelican was in a park in Noosa and it’s pretty much just a large sculpture. The Big Pineapple and Big Banana are definitely better, though all the attractions are gone from the Big Pineapple now, which is sad. xx

6. Fee November 13, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

I like road trips with you guys, even if I don’t know you personally :)!

7. Milynn November 14, 2012 at 12:25 am #

Love these photos! And those fields are gorgeous!

8. katie November 14, 2012 at 12:48 am #

Lovely pictures…as always. :)

9. Dulce November 14, 2012 at 5:07 am #

so pretty, looks like you had a great time

10. Caitlin November 14, 2012 at 8:04 am #

OMG, that giant…sheep? Terrifying AND awesome! Glad you guys are having a great roadtrip :)

11. meghan November 14, 2012 at 9:02 am #

Hello!! I have visited your sweet and beautiful blog before, and don’t know why I didn’t stick around? What a silly move on my part. I wanted to say hello from your newest follower! Meg @eat.live.make. Happy to take part in your journey

Katie November 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

Hi Meg! We are so happy to have you back! Welcome! xx

12. Nicole @ Treasure Tromp November 14, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

what on earth is the 3rd picture? whatever it is I think that I love it.

Katie November 17, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

It’s a giant fibreglass Merino, which is an Australian breed of sheep! “Big” things like the Big Merino, Big Banana and Big Pineapple are iconic in Australia. There are big things all around the country! :)

13. Jenny November 14, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

WOW… love your blog… sounds like a perfect week… gorgeous pics… and sigh… the heart pic with the sun shining through is just magic…

Jenny ♥

14. Danielle November 14, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

Girl after my own heart. I love road trips and you’ve been to some of my favourite spots.

15. Lisa Williams November 15, 2012 at 8:52 am #

Hi I am new to your blog. I love to read and see pictures from all over the world. Can you tell us when you write where the places are I am thinking Australia??? Am I right. I am Lisa I live in Staten Island New York.

16. Michelle November 15, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

I recently discovered your blog and have really been enjoying it! I am a dual citizen Aussie living in America. My husband and I love roadside oddities like that and we have been to the big Pineapple too! Also we have been to the giant Bundy bottle at the distillery and the Giant Koala in the Grampians. Next time we’re over there we have got to check out the banana and the ram! Great photos! :)

Katie November 17, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

Oh, I haven’t been to the Big Bundy Bottle or the BIg Koala! We will have to add them to our list :)

17. Maria @ Cheeky Pink Tulip November 15, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

Lovely! I’m in love with the big fruit and that delicious looking stuffed pancake! Have a great rest of trip!

Maria xx

18. aimymichelle November 16, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

that would be so cool to see some of thst stuff.

19. Marcelle December 4, 2012 at 2:25 am #

My husband lived in Australia for years. he told me about this Big Banana-thing. It’s quite a weird concept to Europeans, but it seems like fun!