Last Sunday, on the way from Coffs Harbour to Queensland, we stopped at the lovely little town of Bangalow for a break. We had heard good things about Bangalow and it’s such a delightful spot, nestled in the hills not far from Byron Bay. We ate some lunch, rummaged about in the shops and generally had a lovely time, but we were especially charmed by One Fine Day Handmade. I know it’s a big call, but One Fine Day is quite possibly the cutest shop of all time (aside from other favourites Bob Boutique and Lark of course!) The shelves are bursting with adorable things handmade by clever people, and the displays are just gorgeous. We could have spent the whole afternoon there! Unfortunately we had to get back on the road, but we left with two lovely patchwork cushions, made from vintage materials, and copy of Extra Curricular magazine tucked neatly under our arms. We can’t wait to visit One Fine Day again, next time we are road tripping through!
About KatieKatie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's raspberry baked cheesecake will rock your socks off.
Leave a Reply
We're Katie and Reuben. We're a twenty-something couple pursuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking. This blog is our journal and a celebration of the little things that make us happy. Read more about us.
Looking for something?
- Shadow Moon Creations - a Giveaway!
- On Being a Man who Knits
- We Contributed to a Book! (& a Giveaway!)
- Valentines DIY: Love Birds Diorama
- Our Home: Before
- Blogging and Materialism
- My Creative Journey (and Thoughts on the Fear of Failure)
- The First Homemade Frock
- We're Buying a House!
- Our Financial Journey to a Simpler Life
We like talking about…
* All content on this website was made with love by Katie and Reuben. You are very welcome to post our pictures on your own blog, but please play nice and give us credit by linking back to our little corner of the internet. Please do not republish our written content without getting our permission first.
© 2013 House of Humble