One Fine Day

Last Sunday, on the way from Coffs Harbour to Queensland, we stopped at the lovely little town of Bangalow for a break. We had heard good things about Bangalow and it’s such a delightful spot, nestled in the hills not far from Byron Bay. We ate some lunch, rummaged about in the shops and generally had a lovely time, but we were especially charmed by One Fine Day Handmade. I know it’s a big call, but One Fine Day is quite possibly the cutest shop of all time (aside from other favourites Bob Boutique and Lark of course!) The shelves are bursting with adorable things handmade by clever people, and the displays are just gorgeous. We could have spent the whole afternoon there! Unfortunately we had to get back on the road, but we left with two lovely patchwork cushions made from vintage materials, by Moose and Bird, and copy of Extra Curricular magazine tucked neatly under our arms. We can’t wait to visit One Fine Day again, next time we are road tripping through!

Tags: , , , ,

17 Responses to “One Fine Day”

1. Sarah @ Chantille Fleur November 17, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

I do believe I have died and gone to heaven! That shop is ADORABLE!
    xo

2. Heidi November 17, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

Aw, what a lovely little shop! I do wish I had such a place near me! x

3. Jane @ Shady Baker November 17, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Oh that looks perfect Katie…I love it before I have even been there :)

4. Ingrid November 17, 2012 at 5:53 pm #

Oh, how cute! I’m going to Byron Bay this coming Monday so I’m definitely going to check it out :)

Katie November 20, 2012 at 10:27 pm #

Oh yay! You’ll love it Ingrid, I promise :)

5. Sarah @ gladys in the garden November 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

I would find it so hard to leave that little shop. It looks like it is fully of lovliness.

6. Mary November 18, 2012 at 6:33 am #

That shop looks absolutely fantastic. It reminds me of a place I visited in Chicago called Renegade Handmade, which has since closed. They still do a Renegade Craft Fair all year, though!

7. Miss Minty November 18, 2012 at 7:57 am #

Look a lot like Crafty Wonderland in Portland, OR. Another town you guys would totally be into.

Katie November 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

We would LOVE to visit Portland one day! If we ever make it over to America it is definitely at the top of our list of places to see! :)

8. Marnie November 18, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

Oh that shop is so adorable! I will pop it on my list to visit when I go see my Aunt and Uncle in Coffs Harbour at Christmas. Have you been to Little Shop in Carnegie in Melbourne it one of my faves along with Lark and Bob too! Thanks for sharing. Marnie xx

Katie November 20, 2012 at 10:37 pm #

No, sadly we haven’t been to Little Shop! Thanks so much for the recommendation, we will definitely check it out next time we are in Melbourne. You’ll love One Fine Day :)

9. isabelle marant November 18, 2012 at 7:33 pm #

NICE!!!!!!

10. haley November 20, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

I want to go this shop, so much adorableness! Glad to have found your blog <3

Best,
    Colour Me Classic

11. chloe December 8, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

This place looks so lovely! <3

12. moose & bird May 20, 2013 at 9:39 am #

So much loveliness and I’m so excited to see one of my pear pillows in the photos. Yay! I would love to visit this little shop in person. Thank you for sharing. Melinda x

Katie May 20, 2013 at 10:43 am #

Hello! The two patchwork cushions we bought were actually made by you! Unfortunately I didn’t realise you had a blog when I put this post together. It’s a bit late now but, just in case anyone else stumbles across this post, I’m going to pop a link to you in now! x

1. 10 Good Things Right Now | House of Humble - March 4, 2013

[...] Our new rocking chair. (Especially paired with the lovely cushion by Moose and Bird that we picked up at One Fine Day Handmade back in November!) [...]