Signs of Spring

Spring is on its way! Reuben has been saying so for a few weeks now, but up until this past weekend I didn’t really believe him. It’s hard to imagine spring could be close when you’re wearing three cardigans.

We spent the weekend visiting my mum and Sunday was so lovely and sunny. We hadn’t had such a warm day in months. We peeled off some of our winter layers, stocked up on fresh produce at the farmers market and ate strawberries and tangellos in the late winter sunshine. We cuddled my mum’s bunnies and watched our Daisy and Mum’s Molly tear around the yard together like wild things. Those two puppas are the best of friends. They are so funny and sweet together.

This morning we woke up to a big crunchy frost, but with the thought of yesterday’s sunshine, the bulbs pushing their way through the soil and the blossoms on the fruit trees, we are reminded that the cold won’t be here much longer. Soon the warmer weather will be here to stay. Oh yes, spring really is on its way.

I hope your weekend was truly lovely! Wishing you wonderful things for the week ahead.

Tags: , , ,

22 Responses to “Signs of Spring”

1. maria @ cheekypinktulip August 13, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

Bunnies!!! xx

2. Ashley August 14, 2012 at 1:36 am #

I find it so interesting how the earth works! In the U.S., we’re gearing up for cooler weather. I’m so excited to wear scarves! Yay!

Those bunnies are adorable!

Katie August 15, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Yes, I always find it amazing to think all of you on the other side of the earth are experiencing the opposite season to us! Blogging makes the world a smaller place:)

3. Tabetha August 14, 2012 at 2:01 am #

I love Spring! We’ve been seeing signs of autumn, my other favorite season– yay!

Katie August 14, 2012 at 10:00 am #

Yep, spring and autumn are the best! I wish we would could have that lovely inbetween-extreme-temperatures weather all year round! :)

4. Hels August 14, 2012 at 3:42 am #

How lovely that you are seeing signs of spring, and yet how awful because it means winter is on it’s way to the UK!!! Brrrrrr.

5. Helena August 14, 2012 at 8:14 am #

We have an orange kitty like that – they are the best!

Katie August 14, 2012 at 10:04 am #

He’s my mama’s cat. When she was living on a farm he just turned up one day and stayed! We think he must have been dumped nearby. At first he was very, very timid and you couldn’t get near him but over time he’s mellowed to people and become very friendly. He’s such a sweet old thing now, always looking for cuddles <3

6. Teresa August 14, 2012 at 8:50 am #

It’s funny how the seasons creep up on us isn’t it? I only just noticed the other day the sun is starting to shine for longer. I am looking forward to some warmer weather but definitely not summer. I’d be happy if I could wear a cardi all year round! ;)

Katie August 14, 2012 at 10:07 am #

Yes, I do enjoy the longer days and less biting cold, but I’m not a summer girl either. I’d like year round tights and cardigan weather too!

7. Jane @ Shady Baker August 14, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

Hi Katie, lovely colour in your photos…how cute are all those animals!?

8. JessB August 15, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

Katie, you’re so right, spring is definitely here – the wattle tree a couple of doors up from my place is loaded down with that bright yellow blossom! And I think being in the country this past weekend let me see the spring-iness so much better – things seem so much more vivid there than they do in town! I loved my time in Bendigo and can’t wait to visit again.

Katie August 15, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

I’m so glad to hear you had a lovely time Jess! We think Bendigo is pretty rad :)

9. Chantille Fleur August 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

Lovely photos Katie! Spring is coming up our way too….this morning some wild ducks have decided to take up residence on our dam – its so lovely to hear their quacks and splashes in the water!
    Sarah xx

Katie August 15, 2012 at 5:21 pm #

Oh, that sounds so nice! Reubs would especially love that – he’s a big fan of ducks! :)

10. Raynor August 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Reuben… give me that white bunny and no one needs to get hurt. O_<

Love you guys, love your critters. Totes adorbs!

11. Calvin August 16, 2012 at 4:41 am #

I say you guys can have the summer. The older I get, the less I can deal with the heat and humidity. The Southeastern part of the USA is always horrid during the summer and with climate change, the winter’s don’t seem to be as cold either. If I had the money, I’d move to Boston, MA or Canada. Anyway, I love your blog. You guys are fabulous!

Calvin
    Columbia, SC

12. Stitchybritt August 16, 2012 at 8:02 am #

Wow, that top photo looks like summer!

I love bunny noses – cute little twitchy things they are.

13. robbie August 16, 2012 at 11:40 am #

gosh katie! i can’t wait until the frost comes! i love the fall/winter. that doggie gif made giggle the most :-)

Katie August 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

I love autumn and winter the most too, but there is something wonderful and exciting about the freshness of spring. Don’t you think?

14. Nance August 20, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

I’m not a blogger, but I really love reading blogs and I’m very glad that I came across yours at the kidspot article tonight. What a sweet couple you guys seem to be. It takes me back, it really does. I will be subscribing.

15. Hopskipandjump August 21, 2012 at 2:42 am #

Wow, spring time already?! Gorgeous photos here, actually one of my favourite posts on your blog. Adn the photo at the end – priceless!