Escape to the Country

Today we are home from our little mini break with family and settling back into our regular routine. We had such a lovely time on the sheep farm and it was so wonderful to catch up with everyone. I only wish it hadn’t flown by so quickly! But then, you can never really have enough bonfires, country walks and gem scones fresh from the oven, no matter how long you’ve got, can you?

Clear starry skies, fresh air and great company are just so good for the soul.

What did you get up to while we were away? Whatever you’ve been doing, I hope it’s been gorgeous. Wishing you all a spiffy new week!

Tags: , ,

Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's raspberry baked cheesecake will rock your socks off.

20 Responses to “Escape to the Country”

1. Emily July 10, 2012 at 2:18 am #

I love bonfires! I go camping with my boyfriend and his family at the end of every May and sitting in front of an open fire is the greatest. Such good smells! Your break looks like it was wonderful :)

Katie July 10, 2012 at 9:59 pm #

Me too! Sitting around a bonfire with good people is pretty much my very favourite thing. And yes! The smell! So lovely :)

2. Sarah July 10, 2012 at 3:45 am #

The last bonfire I saw was in Oman. Sitting around under the stars in Wahiba Sands with a Bedouhin man smoking a sheesha.

Bliss.

Sarah

Katie July 10, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

Wow, that sounds amazing Sarah! I hope we get the chance to travel to far off, exotic places one day soon. There is so much of this beautiful world we are yet to experience…

3. Shannon July 10, 2012 at 5:30 am #

BEAUTIFUL photos!
    What kind of camera/lens did you use?

Love your blog! Following here and on Bloglovin! :)
    Would love if you did the same!

Shannon
    Fabulously Vintage

Katie July 10, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

Oh, thank you so much! We use a Nikon D3000 and a Nikkor 18-55mm zoom lense :)

4. PetitPixel July 10, 2012 at 7:41 am #

Gorgeous photo of you both Katie! I’ve got a country escape coming up in August…seeing these pictures just makes me want to fast forward until then :)

Katie July 10, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

Thanks! Getting a selfie where we both look normal-ish is quite hard! One of us always ends up looking slightly deranged. And I don’t blame you for wanting to fast forward to your country break – I’m already daydreaming about our next one! x

5. Jane @ Shady Baker July 10, 2012 at 7:52 am #

Beautiful photos. We have an old bike almost identical to that one! Looks like a fun time. Have a great week :)

Katie July 10, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

My little cousin looked so cute being pushed around on that lovely old bike! I loved it :)

6. Chestnut Mocha July 10, 2012 at 9:39 am #

the last picture is just so amazing! and love the portrait of you two. Have a nice week!

Katie July 10, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

Thank you! I hope your week is the loveliest! x

7. Becky July 10, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

Really good pics. One of my favorites is the sheep – the one in front…his face says it all: “I am not amused.”

Katie July 10, 2012 at 10:07 pm #

Haha! It really does! Sheep don’t seem very keen on getting their pictures taken :)

8. MissKitty July 11, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

Loving these Aussie countryside pics – think it is getting time for another vist <3

9. Heidi July 12, 2012 at 7:54 am #

Gorgeous pics Katie and sounds like you had a lovely time with your family. Aaahhhh dreaming of a country break now as I sit here at my computer ready for a wonderfully busy day. Feeling very hungry looking at that yummy food on the kitchen table too. Mr Sheep’s face – so cute and funnny :)

10. eliza July 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

ooh, that looks lovely! (great picture of the bonfire) i’ve been thinking wistfully of a visit to my family’s farm, but i think it is still several weeks away, so for now: i shall live variously through you!

11. Melissa July 14, 2012 at 7:37 am #

I really love your blog :) You seem like really lovely people!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

1. Introverts | House of Humble - August 10, 2012

[...] week we were very busy. As well as relaxing on the farm, we spent a lot of time with our family out and about, doing good stuff. We popped in at Bendigo [...]

2. 2012: The Year That Was | House of Humble - December 31, 2012

[...] contributed to a book, road tripped all the way up to Queensland and spent a few days on a sheep farm with family. We have spent many happy hours trawling through the flea markets and antique stores in [...]