This Morning

This morning, as usual, I woke up to an overfriendly kitty who likes to sit on people’s backs and a sweet boy who is kind enough to oblige her (not to mention the second kitty and the puppa, awfully fond of photobombing). It’s the little things, like these pictures, that fill my heart with gratitude and happiness.

I always have a lovely time when we are out treasure hunting, or having breakfast at a nice cafe, or seeing a movie, but often it’s these silly, cute, totally unplanned moments at home that are the ones to catch me unawares and stop me in my tracks. When we’re in our PJs, surrounded by piles of unfolded clean laundry and sipping our morning coffee. Or when we’re up late at night listening to records, sharing a bag of a licorice and just feeling totally content to be in each other’s company… It’s then, at those perfectly ordinary but truly beautiful times, that I am reminded of how good we really have it. And though we may be a long way off fulfilling our dreams and we may be at just the beginning of our journey, I realise we already have everything we need. In these tiny, joyful moments we are already living our happily ever after.

I would not trade the love in this humble little house for anything in the world.

Tags: ,

17 Responses to “This Morning”

1. Chelsea June 29, 2012 at 3:05 am #

I can truly say that your emails are the only ones out of TOO MANY that I actually get excited about opening :) Your mix of photos (these kitty ones are day-making-awesome, btw) and delightful updates are such a treat. Thanks for sharing a bit of your colorful world with me! XO Chelsea

Katie June 29, 2012 at 9:21 am #

That is so lovely Chelsea, thank YOU very much! x

2. Louise @ Elsie May and Bertha June 29, 2012 at 3:54 am #

Our old cat Guinness, used to like climbing on my back. As usual, a lovely post from the two of you. You’re right about the joy of just spending time together doing whatever it is you enjoy doing together. With the animals, two daft cats in our case.

3. Sarah June 29, 2012 at 4:11 am #

Cute pics with kitties perched in the most precarious of places – love it!! What’s not to like?!!

Sarah

4. amy June 29, 2012 at 5:32 am #

you guys are just the darn cutest! and im so happy to be allowed to glimpse in on your journey. you guys are fantastic! xx

5. diana June 29, 2012 at 6:54 am #

This is very sweet. We have a zoo in bed, our two dogs, and three kitties, one husband and wife. It’s my favorite time going to bed, and waking up to. xx

Katie June 29, 2012 at 9:26 am #

It’s my favourite time too! Especially on days when we don’t have to work so we can sleep in. Bliss! :)

6. Jessica June 29, 2012 at 7:20 am #

What a lovely post Katie! I’m all for enjoying those small moments in life but sometimes it’s all too easy to get caught up in waiting for that next big party or holiday or adventure – thanks for the reminder that we’ve each got our own little bit of happy right in front of us already.

Katie June 29, 2012 at 9:34 am #

Oh, I hear you Jess! I am very, very guilty of looking forward all the time (I wrote about it here) but I’m slowly getting better at noticing and appreciating the little, happy moments of right now x

7. Stitchybritt June 29, 2012 at 7:27 am #

Very cute. Our Snorky also likes to climb up onto your shoulders and she’ll sit there happily as you walk around the house, giving you headbutts of love or the odd little lick on the cheek as you go. She makes me laugh!

I love it how all the pets wanted to be involved in this photoshoot.

Katie June 29, 2012 at 9:39 am #

Yep, Poppy is the shoulder sitter in our house! It’s her favourite place in the whole world. Our three always want to be involved in everything we do; taking photos, cleaning the house, eating dinner… Sometimes it makes getting things done very difficult but I wouldn’t trade them for anything! :)

8. Heidi June 29, 2012 at 8:15 am #

I love your post Katie and it truly is appreciating the little things that we often don’t take notice of enough isn’t it. My partner and I feel exactly the same way as you and Reuben. You guys are so gorgeous and I love reading about you both and your wonderful world. Have a fabulous day x

9. Sarah June 29, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

I really enjoyed this post. It’s how I often feel as well. The simple pleasures, especially coming from our pets, always puts a smile on my face.

10. Sanaa June 30, 2012 at 5:49 am #

Oh those pictures are absolutely adorable! I love silly cats (mine tries to fit herself into every box imaginable, even if her butt is sticking out and won’t fit hehe). You are right though, it is the little moments like those that make life truly special :)

11. Kelly July 1, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Great photo’s of your little family. Its true though these days people are so busy in their day to day lives they forget to take stock and live in the moment.

12. jamie dawn July 5, 2012 at 9:12 am #

my boyfriend and cat love having photoshoots :) love your pic!

13. chloe July 5, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

My cat does this, she is now sat on my arm.

p.s your boys lovely =]