Lately…

…We have finally seen the Grace Kelly exhition at Bendigo Gallery (so wonderful!)

We have drunk a lot of chai tea.

Reuben has been reading his James Bond books.

Katie has been reading The Help.

We have spent quite a bit of time rummaging in op-shops, antique stores and at flea markets.

We have worn lots of scarves and layers.

We have eaten some amazing veggie nachos at Old Green Bean.

Katie has been trying to make a small dent in the pile of old dresses she has to alter.

Reuben has been knitting a little sock for his iphone.

We have aquired a vintage turtle teapot!

We have been watching lovely old Marilyn Monroe movies.

We have been a bit lot slack about cooking dinner.

We have been very, very grateful for our heater and our electric blanket…

What have you been up to lately? We’d love to hear all about it!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , , , , , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

24 Responses to “Lately…”

1. Portgirl June 3, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

ohh I love the record “pics”.. did you make those?
    Reading.. well hardly a literary masterpiece but reading Fifty Shades of Grey..
    .. and procrastinating about doing a lot of other things – very much an expert on that (looking at washing up as I type …)

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

No, we didn’t make them (we’re not that clever!) We found them in a book/record store in Daylesford. Oh and I am an expert procrastinator too… Especially when it comes to washing up! :)

2. Becc June 3, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

happy Sunday !xx!
    I love your updates, they make me feel connected to your world :) It’s been comfort cooking and pattern tracing here today…now for a hunt for vintage sheets to make some snuggly toys, have a superbulous week!!

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:06 pm #

That sounds really blissful Becc! And it’s definitely comfort food weather around here at the moment! Good luck on the vintage sheet mission. I haven’t had much luck finding vintage sheets lately, so I hope you have more success that me!

3. Ida June 3, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Turtle teapot! How amazing! I’ve never seen one before. My mother collects all things turtle, I have to show this to her :-D

What I’ve been up to? Hm, well, today I cut down all my basil and oregano, cause it was overgrowing, now its drying, and I’ll make home made pizza spice mix of it :-)
    I’ve been reading, knitting, and drinking too much cider.

I’ll be heading out soon, taking my dog to snoop around the neighborhood, I like to look at gardens, my plan is to pick some lilac along the way <3 its liacs in bloom everwhere here now, and I love it!

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

Isn’t he the cutest?! It was love at first sight with me and that teapot! Homemade pizza herbs and fresh lilac sound heavenly :)

4. Julie June 3, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

I love the teapot! I went to the Grace Kelly exhibition when I was there in March with Erin. How tiny was that woman! Tall, but there was nothing to her!

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

I KNOW! SO TINY! Having seen her on film I knew she was small but when you see the dresses she wore you realise just HOW small! Absolutely beautiful though :)

5. Petit Pixel June 3, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

I am so going to Old Green Bean for the nachos now…everytime I’m there someone on another table orders them and I kick myself for getting something else…and now this photo of yours has me hungry!!

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Seriously, DO IT! They were amazing! :)

6. Louise @ Elsie May and Bertha June 4, 2012 at 4:10 am #

I like the look of the nachos and the animals made out of old records. Lately we’ve been having some of your Australian weather, though this weekend we’ve been having more usual GB weather of grey skies and rain. We’ve been watching tennis from France and the Jubilee celebrations on the TV. I’ve been finishing tea cosies and making aprons and pincushions.

7. Mary June 4, 2012 at 5:28 am #

Love those gold shoes!! Where are they from?

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:21 pm #

They are just from Coles (a supermarket chain here in Australia). They were $10!

8. Gracie June 4, 2012 at 7:02 am #

Well, I have not been using an electric blanket, but it is difficult to believe that summer officially starts in several weeks in our hemisphere, because it is still chilly with showers much of the time here in the Portland OR area. I am working on crocheting cup cozies for a women’s leadership group, and I have a hat and a blanket on circular needles that I am knitting…slowly :) It is fun to see your finds, and I especially like the turtle teapot. Have you tried him out yet? I’m going to go turn on the heater and make a cup of coffee, then maybe some tea too for good measure. :)
    Blessing, Katie and Reuben
    Gracie <3

ps Is it ok that I have put you on my blogroll? I have only been blogging for 10 months and just set up the blog roll so that I could better follow you and other bloggers who share some of my interests.

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Oh Gracie, we would be honoured to be included on your blogroll! Thank you very much! Sending thoughts of warmth and sunshine your way and hoping you get some sunny days soon :)

9. Sophie Isobel June 4, 2012 at 8:17 am #

Oh sounds like you have been having a wonderful time. What a perfect teapot! He’s sure to make you smile on a cold morning. Hope you have a beautiful week.
    Sophie x

10. Teresa June 4, 2012 at 8:29 am #

How wonderful was the Grace Kelly exhibition! It was a little crowded (I went on a weekend) but so worth it for all of those gorgeous gowns.

Chai tea and op shopping also sounds a lot like my ‘lately’ but instead of Marilyn movies I’ve been working my way through ‘The House of Eliott’.

I’m terribly jealous of your turtle teapot! :)

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Oh my goodness, The House of Eliott was my favourite television show when I was little! (is that wierd for a kid?!) I have seen and swooned over the DVDs, but they’ve been a bit too pricey for me to buy. I’m definitely going to have to save up and get them though!

11. B June 4, 2012 at 11:36 am #

I bought and have watched a few times already – The Help – and would love to read the book. I’m guessing it’s worth the read!!!

bxx

Katie June 4, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

Yes, it is a GREAT read! Highly recommend :)

12. katie June 5, 2012 at 4:53 am #

I just adore your “Lately” posts, they make me smile every time. :)

13. Larissa June 6, 2012 at 7:21 am #

I LOVEEE that tea pot! How amazing is that?! And this idea for a blog post! Love! Did you/do you like the help? I loved that book. And have yet to see the movie….but books are usually better so maybe I’ll just read it again.

14. Charis June 6, 2012 at 8:03 am #

Loving the vintage turtle teapot! And the animals cut out of records are awesome…

15. Helen June 8, 2012 at 2:37 am #

Ahh I wanna buy ALL those penguin classics right now!