Autumn Sunshine

Right now is my very favourite time of year. The leaves are gently turning, the wind is crisp and clean, and the sun is sinking into the horizon just a teensy bit earlier every night. Yes! This is autumn.

Of course, languid summer days are lovely, cozy winter nights are wonderful and fresh spring mornings are glorious, but there is something particularly special about the afternoon sunshine of autumn. Autumn sunshine is just perfect for sipping coffee and knitting in, picnicking in, walking sweet Daisy in. Autumn sunshine makes the simple, everyday activities of our lives ever so much more beautiful.

I hope all our southern hemisphere friends are enjoying this amazing time of year and getting a good dose of that gorgeous autumn sun! And I hope our northern hemisphere friends are having an equally magical spring.

These lovely seasons are so fleeting. We must try to make the most of them!

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Autumn Sunshine”

1. Astra May 2, 2012 at 11:51 pm #

I love your autumn pics its my favorite time of year and although we’re only just into spring here im already looking forward to it!

2. Amanda May 3, 2012 at 1:11 am #

I’ve been not so patiently waiting for the weather to start warming up around here so I can start going on some picnics and I think in another week or so it is going to be absolutely perfect!

Katie May 3, 2012 at 10:47 am #

Yes, we’ve got to make the most of picnic weather while we can! Soon it will be too cold and grey for sitting on the grass outside. I hope you get some picnic weather soon!

3. Emily Spada May 3, 2012 at 2:56 am #

We’ve had a really strange Spring here in New York. We had a few days of weather in the 80s and then it jumped back down to the 50s. I hate it! I’m looking forward to summer :)

4. Cb May 3, 2012 at 5:15 am #

Fall is pretty much the most perfect time for yummy picinics!
    Xo,cb

5. Melissa May 3, 2012 at 7:48 am #

Right now there is a heavy misty rain outside my house, so the mountains have disappeared from view and everything looks silvery green. It’s really lovely to embrace the seasons isn’t it…time isn’t just appointments, dates and work hours, but seasonal food, seeds to plant, long days of sunshine or nights drawing in. Your photos are gorgeous….another marker of time passing was noticing how much Miss Daisy has grown!

Katie May 3, 2012 at 10:45 am #

Where you are sounds absolutely beautiful Melissa! I totally agree without you about the loveliness of embracing the seasons. It’s such a simple thing to do, but it truly makes life seem more magical! And yes, our Daisy is a proper little lady now! Still ridiculously adorable though :)

6. Teresa May 3, 2012 at 9:08 am #

Autumn is my favourite season too. The colours. The light. The cool breeze. Love!

Love your photos. The one of Daisy making eyes at the pie is gold!

7. Lipgloss Mumma May 3, 2012 at 9:56 am #

Man, I love your blog x

Katie May 3, 2012 at 10:51 am #

Aw, thank you very, very much! x

8. Jane @ Shady Baker May 3, 2012 at 10:14 am #

Love your photos Katie, very cool :)

9. cass May 3, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

Autumn is absolutely my favourite time to shoot, the light is incredible. It’s as if the earth gives us perfect weather to remember just before plunging us into winter.

10. Becky May 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

Lovely post. Autumn is my favorite time of year, too; it’s the best. I read a couple of the comments above and it’s true here in Michigan, too – 80′s one day, 50′s the next. Crazy. Enjoy your autumn. Love the photos.

11. Sarah May 3, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

It looks like a perfect Autumn day. Autumn is my favourite season. I love that refreshing feeling of Autumn after a summer. It’s seems clean. I’m also a lover of Winter, though, so I also see it as the lead up to a cosy, guilt-free slothy couple of months.
    Also, your dog is adorable.

12. Raynor May 3, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

I’m totally with you! Winter is totes my fave season, but I have a special place in my heart for autumn. I think autumn is a happy compromise between all seasons. Not too hot, not too cold. Plus, the turning leaves is so beautiful, how could anyone dismiss that!? <3

13. Julie May 4, 2012 at 11:02 am #

Autumn in Canberra is beautiful (just ask Erin). We have the most glorious colours in our trees and we are blessed to have so many of them. The crisp days are just lovely as well. Not being a fan of the heat, these are the days I long for when summer is at it’s peak.
    I love the hopeful look on Daisy’s face; did she get any of the pie?

Katie May 4, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Yes, she got some pie. Reuben made the mistake of putting the pie down, so she actually got quite a lot of it! Haha!

• Julie May 4, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

food is never safe when there’s a puppy around (or a kitty either…)