The Easter Long Weekend

The Easter long weekend is always one of my very favourite holidays. I think the combination of crisp autumn weather, chocolate eggs and a little extra time off work is just perfect. And it’s even better if you have a bunch of special people to spend it with!

This year our Easter weekend featured some lovely visitors, a little carnival, a petting zoo, watching fireworks from our verandah, a book fair, a trip to the markets, a picnic in the botanical gardens, homemade treats baked by nice people, tree climbing, cartwheels and lots of time with really, really wonderful friends. It was grand!

I hope your weekend was equally as magical. What did you get up to?

Tags: , , , , ,

23 Responses to “The Easter Long Weekend”

1. Claire April 10, 2012 at 9:36 pm #

What an amazingly warm looking red jumper Reuben!

• Reuben
      Reuben April 11, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

It is SO warm and cozy! One of my absolute favourites :)

2. Jane @ Shady Baker April 10, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

I agree Kate, it is a lovely time of the year! Your Easter looks like it was fun and colourful! We camped, fished, canoed and cooked…of course :)

3. Danielle April 10, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

What a gr’8 weekend you had! A fall fair (fall is my favourite season & since we are in Spring here I love your fall posts), & a book fair… quite jealous over here. :-) We did a lot of egg hunting, more Spring clean up in the garden, cooking, eating & hanging out with our kids… it was perfect… just wish it hadn’t gone by so quickly.

4. Helen April 10, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

Ooooo, that book sale looks like it was good.

5. Fee April 10, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

We went to the carnival as well :)! Otherwise my weekend was filled with food, crafts and baking… Greetings from Germany, Fee

6. mother of purl April 10, 2012 at 10:19 pm #

Oooh what fun! We’d have loved to hang out at that little carnival too, especially the petting zoo! We’ve had a very wuiet weekend as we’ve had mostly rain. x

7. Katherine Jan April 11, 2012 at 3:09 am #

I think you guys are awesome! I hope that some day I can be like you!

Katie April 11, 2012 at 5:44 pm #

Oh, you are very sweet Kate but I think you are already awesome! Just as you are :)

8. Sam April 11, 2012 at 4:15 am #

What lovely photographs – especially the pretty ferris wheel. All it did was rain here in the UK over Easter – no surprise there!

9. kelly christine April 11, 2012 at 7:42 am #

i have that same dress ;] it’s my favorite. love these photos! especially that first one. xo!

Katie April 11, 2012 at 5:36 pm #

It’s my favourite too! It’s the perfect palette of my favourite colours. So perfect for sunny autumn days :)

10. boho mom April 11, 2012 at 7:51 am #

awesome pics! I especially like the ferris wheel. The close-up of the bee…..not so much.

• Reuben
      Reuben April 11, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

I love bees! I love to watch them swim around together in our pumpkin flowers. That bee was really friendly, It let me touch it and everything! Everybody else was scared though…

11. Rob April 11, 2012 at 9:20 am #

Yall look like you had a great time! I wished we had a fair to go to.That red sweater looks great! I want one in dark green. Do you have the pattern I could get? Great pictures, love the energy that yall put out.Thanks for sharing.

• Reuben
      Reuben April 11, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

Unfortunately no, I don’t have a pattern! That sweater is hand knit but it was bought second hand from a charity store, so it’s a one off! :(

12. Lyndall April 11, 2012 at 9:27 am #

I love your glittery shoes! I have a similar pair and they always make me feel a bit magical when I wear them~

We had a lovely weekend over here- finished setting up the nursery, saw our families and went for a little drive which ended with the best hot chocolate ever ♥ Perfect!

13. Kelly April 11, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

looks like a perfect weekend! happy belated easter!

14. Shinypigeon April 11, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

What a lovely weekend! Cartwheels are the BEST!

15. Raynor April 12, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Gosh, guys! Stop making me want to move to Bendigo so badly! Geesh! <3

16. Mary Rose April 12, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

It makes me really happy that you have your Easter in the fall! I think it’s the most pleasant season, and I like that I can watch you enjoy it while my spring wakes up here on the other side of the world.
    Enjoy tights and days that taste like giddy last hurrahs.

17. blytheponytailparades April 20, 2012 at 5:38 am #

Wow, you have me craving the state fair even more now. I can’t wait for more fairs!!!