Lately…

… We have been thinking a lot about our dreams and how we can make them happen sooner.

We have been considering the way we handle our money and how we can budget better.

We have not had much time for op-shopping (which has been good for the point above!)

We have fallen in love with Katie’s mum’s baby bunnies.

We have noticed our cats getting cuddlier now that the evenings are a bit chilly.

We have taught Daisy to sit and to high five!

We have eaten a lot of cake and drunk a lot of tea.

We have not been very good at keeping our house tidy.

We have taken a lot more photos outdoors than indoors (probably due to the lack of tidiness!)

We have been very much looking forward to the Easter long weekend…

What have you been up to lately?

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

15 Responses to “Lately…”

1. Jane @ Shady Baker April 3, 2012 at 8:38 pm #

Happy Easter Katie and Reuben…love your thoughts and photos. Baking, cooking, Easter crafting and camping preparations at our house this week :)

2. Toni April 3, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

Katie, I just saw your feature in Peppermint! Yay! I knew I loved this blog for a reason :)
    toni xo

Katie April 4, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

Eek! Thank you so much! <3

3. Danielle April 3, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

Cake & bunnies + a pup & pretty flowers… thanks for sharing these lovely images. Over at our home we are gearing up for Spring… getting our hands dirty cleaning up the garden & watching the trees & shrubs start to bud. De-cluttering every corner (must be Spring fever) & donating all those “things” a family of 6 seems to magically attract. Painting walls white while enjoying having the windows open (even if it is a bit chilly). Feeling the excitement in the house as the monkeys count how many sleeps until the Easter bunny arrives… right now everything is wonderfully good.

Katie April 4, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

Oh that all sounds so lovely and refreshing! Happy Spring Danielle! :)

4. Frankie April 3, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

Love this set of photos! Congrats on teaching daisy to sit and high five… what an accomplishment. The bunnies look so sweet. I want to hold one.

5. melissa April 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

I’ve been very good at exercising every day, at taking the dogs out for walks, and keeping up with blogging. I need to get motivated to paint the downstairs, and I want to learn some more ukulele songs. I really should finish off my doctor who and harry potter scarves as well.

6. kate April 4, 2012 at 8:42 am #

Oh dear that is a cute bunny picture! Look at those fuzzy little bunny buns! Also – I really want cake now.

7. Meredith April 4, 2012 at 9:56 am #

So absolutely magical!! The colors in your photographs always give me the biggest smile.

I would love a slice of that delightful cake right about now.

Katie April 4, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

Oh thank you Meredith! The cake was DELICIOUS :)

8. Emily Spada April 5, 2012 at 12:59 am #

Homework, homework, homework! I’m taking a web programming class and my final project is to build a mobile website. I can’t wait to do one of these “lately” posts for myself. Summer is approaching here in New York and I love all blooming flowers!

9. Raynor April 5, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

So jealous of those bunnies! One of the things I was most excited about when I moved to Victoria was that bunnies are legal as pets! It hasn’t happened yet, but I’m scheming towards it. ^_~

10. Lyndall April 5, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

I’m very excited about the Easter long weekend too!

We can always tell when the cooler weather is here because Mana transitions from sleeping on her own to sleeping -right- in between us on the bed. We call her ‘the paperweight’ :p

11. Chestnut Mocha April 8, 2012 at 10:55 pm #

awwww bunnies!!! I wish we had a yard so I could have more than one bunny! :-) Happy Easter!

12. Kelly April 11, 2012 at 11:08 pm #