DIY Lace Jars

Last weekend I prettied up some old glass jars with a little lace. This DIY is super quick and easy and you probably already have all of the things required! The finished jars look really lovely holding a bunch of flowers fresh out of the garden…

And they make cute candle holders too!

To make the lace wrapped jar, I simply cut a length of lace as long as the circumference of the jar. I then used Mod Podge and a paint brush to glue the lace to the bottom of the jar. Once it had dried I applied a second coat of Mod Podge.

To make the lace polka dot jar, I used the lid of an old juice bottle and a pencil to trace circles on the lace. I cut the lace circles out and used Mod Podge to glue them to the jar. Just like the lace wrapped jar, I applied a second coat of Mod Podge once the first coat had dried.

What do you think? Pretty cute, no?!

If this project takes your fancy, you might also like some of the other cute, crafty ways to recycle jars here.

I hope you are all having a happy, sunshiney, magical week. The Easter Bunny is nearly here!

Tags: , , , , ,

32 Responses to “DIY Lace Jars”

1. Emily Spada April 5, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

I love this! I’ll have to try some of my own!

2. Jen April 5, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

Lovely idea! I must make these!

3. Crissy April 5, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

And this is why I need Mod Podge!

4. Tam April 5, 2012 at 1:28 pm #

where abouts do you find mod podge in Bendigo? thanks!

Katie April 5, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

Spotlight have it! :)

5. Raynor April 5, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

This is such a cute idea! I love it! Especially with the candles. ^_^

6. B April 5, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

GRATEFUL to find out you can get Mod Podge at spotlight – I have heard about it so much since joining the blogging world.

A friend of mine is getting me into making my own candles and I’ve been saving up my 9 months old food jars I use when we are out – they are so cute the perfect size. I was thinking of using material (now thinking lace) to do a sort of jam jar lid to the candle and give it to friends all cute like that. Now I’m thinking of adding lace decor as well! Thank you for this marvelous idea.

and I’ve always loved the jar post, pretty sure that was the post when I found your blog!

bxx

bybande

7. Melissa April 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Thanks Katie – I love this gorgeous idea that will be perfect for holding flowers or tea lights at our next high tea party. :)

8. Kate April 5, 2012 at 10:55 pm #

I have no idea what modge podge is. Is it glue?
    I do know that I adore your jars.
    I crocheted up a few lacey jar cozies a few weeks back but this looks a bit daintier and quicker I think.
    Gorgeous as usual.
    Happy long weekend you two. xx

Katie April 5, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

Mod Podge is “waterbased sealer, glue and finisher”. Basically, it is super handy stuff that can be used for lots of crafty things :)

I have seen some lovey crochet jar cozies around but have not yet got around to making one yet. I would like to though. Happy Easter lovely Kate! <3

• sandra April 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Sorry for the dumb question but I just want to clarify…..I would glue the lace to the OUTSIDE of the jar right? I am not familiar with mod podge either and or if its waterproof. Cute idea!:)

Katie April 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Yes, the outside! :)

9. Katie April 6, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

Ohmygoodness! This is all so cute and very refreshing! <3. I love me some lacy projects.

10. Amylou April 7, 2012 at 11:06 am #

This is so beautiful! The polka dots are perfect. I need to thrifts some lace now! :)

11. courtney April 9, 2012 at 7:24 am #

That is such a great and beautiful idea! So elegant and simple.

12. robbie. April 9, 2012 at 11:47 am #

omg! love them!

13. Tania Egan April 9, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

WOW! What a gorgeous blog! I can see I’m going to spend quite some time reading it, as everything is just so inspiring. Hence I’ve shared you on my Bloglovin’ list over on mine, as I think you guys are great! I love this post. I did a similar tutorial a while back making glass jar lanterns. I absolutely luuuuuv the polkadot lace one…so cute! Thank you for sharing! Please keep inspiring! Blessings from the UK

Tania♥

14. Lisa April 11, 2012 at 11:54 pm #

Ah, another thing to use lace on! I love it. These are really pretty

15. Lesley Jean April 12, 2012 at 9:05 am #

I cannot wait to try this! :)

16. Candy April 12, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

So sweet, and so easy. Thanks for the great DIY idea. I just recently came upon a big quilted box full of lace remnants in all different colours, so this gives me a great idea of one way to use it. :)

17. rebecca caridad April 13, 2012 at 3:06 am #

what a great idea Katie! Lace and mason jars are two of my favorite things. I will definitely be giving this a shot. Thanks for the inspiration!

18. Samara April 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

I love love love the spin you have put on these! I made some similar ones that are slightly different (Maybe less fiddly so would be good if they needed to be made on mass i.e. for a wedding).

The link to the blog post is here…

Samara

19. Maxabella April 23, 2012 at 11:26 am #

These are just so purdy. x

20. Angela April 24, 2012 at 5:51 pm #

I love this idea! It looks especially gorgeous with the tea lights!

21. Peggy June 26, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

These are lovely! I added a link to my Lace Crafts article at Squidoo. Lovely, simply lovely easy project!

1. It’s Raining Love Over Here « Salvaged Strawberry - April 6, 2012

[...] I also want to make these with Kristi for their wedding. Wouldn’t that be lovely? We are working on a road trip so we [...]

2. DIY Lace Jars / House of Humble « TOBOKOZ - May 24, 2012

[...] Lace Jars / House of Humble source · faved by rachitron [...]

3. Seven ways to repurpose old glass jars - Cats & Florals - June 3, 2012

[...] Prettify them with lace, and use for storage or as vases. [...]

4. DIY lace jars. | Mod Podge Rocks - October 30, 2012

[...] DIY lace jars at House of Humble /* [...]

5. DIY Lace Jars As Vases And Candle Holders - March 15, 2014

[…] To make the lace wrapped jar, just cut a length of lace as long as the circumference of the jar. Then take Mod Podge and a paint brush to glue the lace to the bottom of the jar. Don’t forget to apply the second coat after it dries. To make the lace polka dot jar, first make the circles of lace. Then use Mod Podge to glue them to the jar; after drying apply the second coat.Enjoy this cool projects.(source) […]

6. 11 easy recycled craft ideas for pretty handmade gifts | *bespoke* magazine australia - April 6, 2014

[…] #1 House of Humble’s DIY lace jars […]