Reclaim: Plastic Bottles

The Reclaim series is all about turning discarded old things into beautiful new things. It’s about making treasure from trash, reducing our waste and saving a little money along the way. Each episode features an everyday object and a variety of inspiring ways that object can be reclaimed.

This edition features plastic bottles!

Image Credit

Image Credit

Image credit

Image Credit

Image Credit

Image Credit

Have you got any other clever ideas for recycling plastic bottles? If so, please share!

PS You can find previous episodes of the reclaim series here.

Tags: , , , ,

21 Responses to “Reclaim: Plastic Bottles”

1. Fran March 10, 2012 at 12:26 am #

Oh wow the bracelets are amazing! Such a good idea – I might have to investigate that one. They remind me of snap bracelets. Do you remember them? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slap_bracelet

Katie March 10, 2012 at 9:36 am #

Yes, I LOVED slap bracelets! We I was about 7 I had a sparkly one that was pretty much my favourite thing in the whole world! You are right, the plastic bottle cuffs are like lovely, fancy slap bracelets for grownups :)

2. val gould March 10, 2012 at 12:31 am #

ohhh I love these ideas so much!

3. Melanie March 10, 2012 at 12:50 am #

Such great ideas!!! So many of those ideas up above are so so cool. Makes me feel bad that I usually just recycle my plastic bottles (although I try to buy as little of them as possible) .

Love this series.

you guys truly rock! :)

Katie March 10, 2012 at 9:35 am #

Yes, late last night I actually found myself rummaging through our recycling bin looking for bottles! I love the first and last pictures especially. Oh and thank you! We think YOU rock!

4. helsbells March 10, 2012 at 6:05 am #

I love these beautiful ideas, It is hard to imagine anything beautiful coming from something as ugly as a plastic drinks bottle, but these crafty folks have proved otherwise, thanks for sharing.

Katie March 10, 2012 at 9:32 am #

I know, aren’t they clever?! Who’d have thought plastic bottles could look so lovely? :)

5. Kristen March 10, 2012 at 6:11 am #

that’s really neat! that list picture is so cute.

6. Liz March 10, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

Oh my goodness, I love those ornaments! I would not have realized they were from plastic bottles! How adorable!

I also love the cuffs! Great ideas :)

7. Shinypigeon March 11, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

I love the bottle bottom curtains…they look so beautiful! :D And and plastic bottle greenhouse! Getting on THAT!

Katie March 13, 2012 at 9:40 pm #

I know! When Reubs and I (one day! hopefully!) own our own place I would love a little bottle greenhouse at the end of the garden! So cute and thrifty! :)

8. Suzanne March 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

BRILLIANT!! Thank you! I like to reclaim as much as possible but don’t know how to make things look good – these pics are so inspiring.
    Also, we are building a greenhouse. I would LOVE the walls to be made of plastic – wonder if I can convince the parental unit?? I’ve already forwarded your picture.

9. Gramma G March 16, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

I love these ideas! I especially liked the flower curtain and the gardening shed. Some nice ideas. Thanks for rounding them up. I am featuring you on my blog’s Friday Friends! feature. Come on over and check it out.

10. Deepthi March 16, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

Wow wow and wow!!!!!
    super liked all the projects!!!

11. Karla March 17, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

Omg. These are awesome ideas. Thanks so much for gathering them all and sharing. I’m your newest follower thanks to “By George you’ve got it”. :)

12. Kenavo March 21, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

I use half bottles to put oilbottles in, to keep my kitchenboard clean.
    In summer I use the upper half upsite down in the garten to water the plants.

1. Royal Milk Tea » Saturday Sweets - March 14, 2012

[...] House of Humble is one of my favourite blogs, and I love their ‘Reclaim’ series! Two of my favourites areReclaim: Doilies and Reclaim: Plastic Bottles. [...]

2. Crafts | Pearltrees - March 25, 2012

[...] Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's homemade scones will rock your socks off. Reclaim: Plastic Bottles | House of Humble [...]

3. crafts | Pearltrees - March 25, 2012

[...] Reclaim: Plastic Bottles | House of Humble Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's homemade scones will rock your socks off. [...]

4. Crafts | Pearltrees - September 13, 2012

[...] Crepe Paper Tutorial A fun DIY tutorial for you all out there. Thanks to Martha Stewarts website. Reclaim: Plastic Bottles About Katie Chrysanthemums are some of my favorite flowers. I especially like the varieties with [...]

5. Workshop: Building Recycled Plastic Bottle Greenhouse | Children's Gardening Project - September 16, 2013

[…] And if you do not have enough of playing with plastic bottles  you can also try to make these : http://www.houseofhumble.com/2012/03/reclaim-plastic-bottles/ […]