The Reclaim series is all about turning discarded old things into beautiful new things. It’s about making treasure from trash, reducing our waste and saving a little money along the way. Each episode features an everyday object and a variety of inspiring ways that object can be reclaimed.
This edition features plastic bottles!
- Use plastic bottles to make melted vases, painted vases or glitter vases.
- Create some pretty plastic bottle cuffs.
- If you’re feeling very ambitious, build a plastic bottle greenhouse! Or use the top of one plastic bottle over a seedling, to create a miniature version.
- Make plastic bottle bowling pins.
- Invite native wildlife into your backyard with a plastic bottle bird feeder like this one or this one.
- Make your own lava lamp.
- Use plastic bottles to make a desk organiser.
- Create festive plastic bottle ornaments.
- Decorate your space with plastic bottle flowers like these or these.
- Make a plastic bottle pet food dispenser.
- Cut a plastic bottle in half and use the top as a funnel.
- Recycle plastic bottles for cupcake or cookie packaging.
- Make pretty plastic bottle drinking glasses.
- Use plastic bottles to create cute apple-shaped boxes!
- Turn a plastic bottle into a plastic bag keeper.
Have you got any other clever ideas for recycling plastic bottles? If so, please share!
PS You can find previous episodes of the reclaim series here.