Peppermint

I have been reading Peppermint magazine for a couple of years now and it’s one of my absolute favourites, so you can probably imagine how excited I am over the fact that there are two pieces by me in the current issue! For issue 13 I wrote a little article about some of the lovely places to shop, eat and visit in Bendigo, and put together a DIY for a super simple succulent terrarium. Yay!

And here I am! Listed as a contributer on page 10.

I worked in magazine publishing for a little while after I finished my journalism degree so have had my work featured in a bunch of different places in the past, but to contribute to one of my very favourite magazines was a real honour. If you haven’t already checked out Peppermint and you are interested in organic, recycled, sustainable, fair trade, vintage and local stuff, go now! I think you’ll love it.

Tags: , , ,

Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's raspberry baked cheesecake will rock your socks off.

26 Responses to “Peppermint”

1. Melanie March 14, 2012 at 10:14 am #

That’s so exciting Katie – I’ll have to buy the issue! xx

2. Jane @ Shady Baker March 14, 2012 at 10:42 am #

I just read your contributions in Peppermint last night Katie…well done x

3. Raynor March 14, 2012 at 10:47 am #

Katie! Congratulations! That’s so wonderful! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy to read it! ^_~ You are amazing!

Katie March 14, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

Aw, thank you Raynor! You are just too nice! <3

4. Lisa March 14, 2012 at 11:46 am #

Yay for you! I haven’t read Peppermint before, but I think now I’ll have to check it out ^_^

5. Ngaio May March 14, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

Congratulations!! That really is so exciting and wonderful! I am a bit of a fan of Peppermint also! :)

Ngaio May xx

6. emma March 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm #

congratulations! that’s fantastic! i’ll have to pick up an issue on my way home.
    and ALSO i love that you love the weepies. they are hands down the best thing ever. x

Katie March 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

YES THEY ARE!!! Oh my goodness, I love them so! The Weepies are always on repeat in this house :)

7. Meredith March 14, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

Ah! So awesome Katie! Congratulations! :-D

8. Lilea March 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

Congratulations on your success! How exciting!

9. Jenna March 14, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

Yaay! Way to go!

10. Katie
    Katie March 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

Thank you so, so much everyone! You are all so sweet and lovely <3

11. Kelly March 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

naw! katie thats so COOL. what are you doing now that you’ve ditched your grown up job? full time writing would be fun! :) congrats, thats so exciting.

12. Bella March 14, 2012 at 9:17 pm #

I always love peppermint, and stoked that you are in it! Your description of yourself sounds so much like me especially for the weepies and chair tea! Makes me want to go to Bendigo! Ever get people from the blogosphere wanting to visit you in Bendigo? Now with your shop eat visit list we won’t exactly need you to show us around!

bxx

13. Joy March 14, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

Congratulations Katie, may it be the start of something…..

14. Becky March 15, 2012 at 3:31 am #

Rockin! Good for you!

15. Tynan March 15, 2012 at 4:28 am #

Hey Bells,
    Here’s a hot tip, when you write something for a magazine, you should tell your brother, so that he can buy that shit like it’s hotcakes. Much love, :)
    Ty.

16. Fran March 15, 2012 at 6:28 am #

Oh congrats! That must be a lovely feeling to have a piece in your favourite magazine! I’ve not heard of Peppermint – I’ll have to see if I can get hold of it in the UK. When I was in Aus last year I discovered Frankie magazine which is amazing!!! My two faves at the moment are Mollie Makes (a crafting mag) and Lionheart which is a new mag created entirely by an amazing woman named Helen Martin. It’s perfect and I hope she manages to fund a second edition!

17. Jo Hodges March 15, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Katie, that is so cool!!!! I subscribe to the wonderful world of Peppermint and saw your photo in the contributors list….I am yet to find the time to get past page 10….can’t wait though…..congratulations….xox Jo

18. kim March 16, 2012 at 4:24 am #

congrats thats awesome.

19. robbie. March 16, 2012 at 5:46 am #

d’awwww! you kids are famous!

20. Jennifer March 17, 2012 at 11:21 am #

I had Peppermint in my hands the other day but put it down and had to run to work, kicking myself I didn’t look past the cover now!

21. Nicole Murphy March 21, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

How do I not know about your blog or about Peppermint? It’s an outrage…all corrected now. Looks great and is going to be a wonderful time waster, thanks very much. Where do I get my hands on Peppermint? I note that there’s a picture of our shop in there too! We apparently had a mention in Grazia this issue. I never thought I’d see Bendigo Wholefoods in a fashion magazine!

Looking forward to reading the article.
    Nic

22. Chestnut Mocha March 22, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

that’s great! congrats!

23. John Jeffries March 29, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Congratulations! Not all of us is gifted with a talent to write articles. I don’t know about peppermint magazine but I’ll try to read it when I have time.

1. Cloth and Bespoke | House of Humble - April 12, 2012

[...] if making an appearance in the local paper and Peppermint wasn’t exciting enough, now our little blog has popped up in not one, but two more lovely [...]