In the Sunshine

We were lucky enough to have a long weekend here in Victoria, so we went to visit my mama. All weekend it was gloriously sunny and very warm. It seems the summer weather isn’t quite finished just yet. We soaked up the early autumn sunshine at the local farmers market, where we picked up some lovely local produce, and spent the rest of the weekend reading, knitting and eating my mum’s delicious banana cake with chocolate icing (one of my favourite things in the whole world!) It was gorgeous.

What did you get up to on the weekend? Whatever you did, we hope it was sunshiney and lovely! Wishing you all a happy, magical, wonderful week!

Tags: , , , , ,

Katie is a coffee-drinking, granny square-making, op-shopping daydreamer. Katie likes vintage dresses, Pictionary, doilies and colourful tights. Katie's raspberry baked cheesecake will rock your socks off.

23 Responses to “In the Sunshine”

1. Melanie March 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

Oh my gosh!! the little puppy has gotten SO BIG!!!
    she’s such a cute one!

Sunshine. I so need it!
    Can’t wait for spring to come to these parts

Katie March 13, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

Isn’t she the cutest?! I know I’m biased but c’mon!!! ;) Sending sunshiney thoughts your way!

2. Seal Graeber March 12, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Sounds like a HEAVENLY weekend! Thank you for sharing your beautiful life. It was so relaxing just READING about your weekend…both inspiring and sweet. You’ve encouraged me to “step out into the sunshine” on the other side of the planet! Cheers! Thank you! :)

3. Kate March 12, 2012 at 11:09 pm #

Lovely post and lovely photos. I am new to blogging and just wanted to say I think your blog is fab and very inspirational. Keep it up! P.S. We had our first sunny weekend in the UK this weekend aswell.

Katie March 13, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

Thank you so very much and hurrah for your first sunny weekend! That’s cause to celebrate! <3

4. Renee March 12, 2012 at 11:34 pm #

My goodness, how little Daisy has grown! She’s a gorgeous little doggy. There must be something about mums and banana cakes, mine makes an amazing one too.

Katie March 13, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

Yes! She’s a proper little lady dog now! She’s the sweetest, most boof-headed girl in all the land :) Oh and don’t even get me started on my mum’s banana cake… It’s just SO good!

5. val gould March 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

beautiful! the laundry on the lines reminds me of when I was young!

Katie March 13, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

Hehe, I think my mum was a bit embarrassed about this picture! She said “You’ve used a picture of my laundry?!” but I think it’s beautiful in its own simple, homely way :)

6. Danielle March 13, 2012 at 1:02 am #

The images really show off the beautiful weather you had!!! So lovely. We too are warming up and the last of the snow/ice is almost gone!!! For now I will dream of laundry fresh from the line… soon soon.

7. robbie. March 13, 2012 at 2:43 am #

i slept in everyday. haha. it was beautiful in it’s own right.

Katie March 13, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

Sleeping in IS beatiful! I’m a big, big fan. There really is nothing as delicious as being all snuggled up in bed and not HAVING to get up! Heaven.

8. Kat March 13, 2012 at 5:14 am #

Gorgeous looking weekend! I am entirely too jealous of your outings.

9. kelly christine March 13, 2012 at 5:18 am #

i love those t-strap shoes and these photos. xo!

10. Megan March 13, 2012 at 9:55 am #

Katie you have the most fantastic shoes! I think you should write a post purely about them :)

Katie March 13, 2012 at 9:27 pm #

Hehe, thank you! But they are all very similar really. I find heels horribly uncomfortable and a have a VERY limited budget for shoes, so really I just have lots of pairs of $10 ballet flats! I’m also very, very hard on shoes so sadly none of them last very long…

11. B March 13, 2012 at 10:00 am #

How lovely! It really is dissapointing summer is over :-(
    b
    xx

12. Sass March 13, 2012 at 10:21 am #

So jealous that you guys had a long weekend…Mondays are so hectic and rushed most of the time. A long weekend makes them slow and lovely.

beautiful pics!

13. Jane @ Shady Baker March 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

Lovely Katie…I am a sucker for photos of farmers markets!

14. Teresa March 13, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Unfortunately my weekend wasn’t as lovely and sunny as yours. It’s a bit grey and drizzly in Hong Kong these days. I did however, enjoy a wonderful weekend out and about. :)

Love your shoes!

15. Michelle Clement March 14, 2012 at 11:39 am #

Oh, dreamy! Such great photos…they have me wanting summer! (And a table full of cacti!) :)

16. Chestnut Mocha March 22, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

love all the photos and the fourth one the most!

17. Sunny-s-Cakez November 12, 2012 at 9:45 am #

Hi there, loved your article. I have a recipe of a banana-chocolate cake on my blog, i hope you like it as much as i like yours. Cheers