10 Good Things Right Now

Watching the BCC’s latest version of Great Expectations.

Buttery fudge.

Trying to teach Daisy to play fetch (she’s getting better!)

Hints of autumn yellow appearing in the trees.

Seeing Bon Iver live in Melbourne (technically that was two weeks ago but we are still talking about it, so that counts as “now”, right?)

Op-shopping for cardigans and coats for the coming cooler months.

Pumpkins and zucchinis from our garden!

Impromptu pizza parties with friends.

Knitting in the car.

Reading books (Katie) and doing sudoku puzzles (Reuben) before bed time.

What’s making you smile right now? We’d like to know!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , , , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

25 Responses to “10 Good Things Right Now”

1. Raynor March 21, 2012 at 1:28 am #

You guys make me want to move to Bendigo so badly! Geesh! Also, you have no idea how jel I am that you saw Bon Iver. I need to clean my ears out; I never hear when my fave bands are playing. I also missed First Aid Kit. Oy.

Kniiiittttttiiiinnnnggg! I can’t wait to see your finished projects! Excitement plus!

Katie March 22, 2012 at 10:27 am #

Yes, we missed First Aid Kit too! Though, we’ve only really discovered them recently… Oh and Bendigo is nice, but Melbourne is nice too! I’ve sure where you live is lovely :)

2. Jenna March 21, 2012 at 2:03 am #

Ooooo I can’t believe you saw Bon Iver!! How is he live?? I think it’s so strange yet amusing to read about you guys planning for the chilly months at the same time we’re getting ready for a hot summer. Ooohhh, Earth, you are a remarkable place.

Katie March 22, 2012 at 10:24 am #

Bon Iver was AMAZING! Ah. May. Zing. And yes, isn’t Earth incredible?! Never ceases to blow my tiny mind :)

3. Christina March 21, 2012 at 8:47 am #

Good things indeed and I always love knitting photos. Can’t wait to do a bit of op-shopping myself for a new-to-me cardigan and a tea pot. :)

4. emma March 21, 2012 at 9:35 am #

that all sounds lovely! especially bon iver – bet it was dreamy.
    i’m going zucchini mad at the moment, can’t get enough of them

i’m excited because i’m wearing new shoes today, so they’re putting a spring in my step! and am itching to go home and decorate some teapots :)

5. Meeka March 21, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Your blog today just made me smile :)

6. B March 21, 2012 at 10:16 am #

Sounds lovely! I’m glad you are finding autumn so lovely – here in Sydney It feels rather bitter. Perhaps It’s because I’m sick..? Well thanks for making me try and think of 10 good things in my lil world now instead of neg-ing out about the weather! I’m feeling the cosy-ness of your pictures and lil world down in bendigo – a place you are drawing me to!

bxx

bybande

7. Teresa March 21, 2012 at 12:40 pm #

I really love the BBC’s latest version of ‘Great Expectations’ too. Nobody does these dramas better than the BBC! :)

Another TV show that’s making me smile right now is the ABC’s ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’. It’s set in the 1920s so it’s immediately swoon worthy but it’s always quite fun and sassy!

Katie March 22, 2012 at 10:22 am #

Totally agree about the BBC dramas. They are just so very, very good! And Pip in Great Expectations! Oh my, he was lovely!

I have seen Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries on iview – might have to go check it now! :)

8. Rachele March 21, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

All wonderful things! We have been doing a lot of thrifting which is making me happy :)

9. JessB March 21, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

How lovely, I am so glad you’re both smiling – and your animals look like they are smiling too.

Ahem, I’m not sure if this counts, but I am smiling at a lovely guy at work. It’s really quite wonderful.

Katie March 22, 2012 at 10:19 am #

Yes, that 100% counts! Ooh la la! ;)

10. caitlin March 22, 2012 at 4:38 am #

these photos are lovely! And I would like to watch Great Expectations…

11. Danielle March 22, 2012 at 9:43 am #

Really enjoyed your series of images… brought a smile to my face (especially all the fur baby love).

12. Lipgloss Mumma March 24, 2012 at 10:24 am #

I love reading all the simple things that people are grateful for. Life is beautiful in its simplest form. Thanks for sharing. Going to check out more of your blog now :)

13. Tat March 24, 2012 at 10:56 am #

What a great list! I wish I had a garden with pumpkins and zucchinis.

14. Kymmie @ a day in the life of us March 24, 2012 at 10:35 pm #

Look at The Man knitting. I think I had a baby orgasm ;) xx

15. Maxabella March 25, 2012 at 8:58 am #

Hello Katie and Reuben – it’s a great pleasure to meet you, especially as the very first photo I have seen on your blog was Reuben knitting. Woot! x

16. Lyndall March 25, 2012 at 11:21 am #

These are all such lovely things!

Right now I am happy about the cooler weather meaning I can wear cardigans! It might still be a tiny bit too warm but I am wearing them anyway :)

17. robbie. March 30, 2012 at 8:40 am #

omg! is the grass really that green there?! it’s just starting to warm up here. ugh. i love the chilly fall weather.

Katie March 30, 2012 at 10:43 am #

It is that green in my mum’s yard but she uses sprinklers! The unwatered grass is quite a bit crunchier ;)

18. rhonda jean March 31, 2012 at 5:46 am #

You two make me smile. : – ) So does seeing photos of Reuben knitting (my dad was a knitter) and purple knees. Also, It’s Jamie’s first birthday today so I’ll be smiling all day just because I’m his grandma.

19. gina April 4, 2012 at 1:12 am #

Such endearing pics!!! That one of you and the pup, melted my heart;)