10 Good Things Right Now

Iced coffee with icecream!

Lovely old books from op-shops.

Piles of freshly thrifted and washed, vintage dresses and cardigans.

Zucchinis growing in our yard!

Fresh fruit on pretty little plates.

Planning our meals and doing a weekly grocery shop together (like real grown ups).

Watching Daisy carry a door snake around the house like it’s her most precious treasure.

Pumpkin and feta muffins.

Kitties napping in the sunshine.

Evening strolls.

What’s making you smile right now? We’d like to know!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , , , , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

23 Responses to “10 Good Things Right Now”

1. Jennifer February 4, 2012 at 10:36 pm #

Your blog makes me want to move to Victoria so much more than I already do!

2. Kelly February 4, 2012 at 10:40 pm #

Evening strolls with puppies are the best. Vintage dresses are always on my list too (i like the look of that top one with the little pink daisies!!)
    lately I’m a little obsessive with instagram. you should join, go on ;)
    xx

Katie February 4, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

I am on instagram! I just don’t use it a whole lot because I always forget! My username is houseofhumble (surprising huh?) ;) x

3. Corissa February 5, 2012 at 1:16 am #

We started planning out our meals also. It makes things SO much easier.

4. Jenna February 5, 2012 at 2:51 am #

You always seem to find the most adorable patterned dresses! Maybe once I’ll travel to your neck of the woods and do some thrifting! I collect vintage clothing and have found some nice gems =}

5. Lilea February 5, 2012 at 3:51 am #

Pumpkin and feta muffins! What an interesting combo. Is there a recipe to be shared?

Katie February 5, 2012 at 7:07 am #

This is the recipe I used. SO yummy! :)

6. Courtney February 5, 2012 at 6:12 am #

Pumpkin feta muffins sound outstanding! In a similar vein, pumpernickel toast with avocado is making me smile. I’ve been eating it for breakfast all week. :)

7. Ellen Joy February 5, 2012 at 6:13 am #

the sunny weather we have in the middle of winter :) and a good bath i just gave my dog later on i can walk him without him getting chilled.

8. Melanie February 5, 2012 at 6:22 am #

I really like that little doily in the first picture :) so cute!
    It’s extremely old in these parts at the moment.
    What’s totally making me smile right now are your pictures (mostly the zucchini one). They get me thinking about sunhine and summer and aaaaaall those wonderful days that are going to come (hopefully) soon :)

Pumpking feta muffins sound amazing!!

Katie February 5, 2012 at 7:10 am #

That doily is my favourite, favourite, favourite doily of all time! It’s just the cutest. Isn’t it funny though, we always want what don’t have? Lately, I’ve been counting down the days until wonter. I’ve spent an awful lot of time daydreaming about fireplaces, hot chocolate and trips to the snow. The grass is always greener… ;) Oh and the muffins are amazing! You can find the recipe here.

9. Melissa February 5, 2012 at 7:03 am #

Oh now I have an instant yen for iced coffee. I love the thought of Miss Daisy proudly dragging around her door snake – my spaniel drags around an old bath math around the room which makes him look like Linus from The Peanuts.
    Why I’m smiling right now…
    Well I’m preparing to go on a 4 day road trip with my daughter. She’s a learner driver so we’ll be sharing the driving – it’s a coming of age for her – and for me too! :)

10. Lyndall February 5, 2012 at 8:01 am #

Mm, iced coffee! I love making it on hot days, with lots of ice cream of course! Your little house has the prettiest things inside :)

Right now I’m loving lying in bed listening to the sound of rain~

11. Julie February 5, 2012 at 8:18 am #

reading your blog makes me happy. I always look forward to the updates. Any contact with my beautiful granddaughter also makes me happy but she lives in your town (her mum works with Rueben) and I live in the ACT so I don’t get to see her as often as I’d like.

Katie February 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

Hi Julie, You must be Erin’s mum! Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment! <3

12. Lisa Gutierrez February 5, 2012 at 9:14 am #

I loove photos of tiny fruit growing in gardens! I hope to plant some cucumbers and tomatoes this year. Maybe even a few bells.

13. Christie February 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

Ice coffee with ice cream – yes!!! So delish. Love all the gorgeous colours and patterns of your vintage clothes!

Making me smile: moving into a new flat at the end of the month where Ill have an outdoor area and can begin to grow some herbs (and veges too if I’m brave enough!). Lots of plans in my mind, just can’t wait :)

14. robbie. February 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

i live for these lists! we just made banana bread and the house smells incredible (that’s what’s making me happy)!

15. Jayme February 6, 2012 at 9:42 am #

I love your photography!

16. Lacey February 27, 2012 at 8:48 am #

That iced coffee with ice cream looks divine! I love a scoop of ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over the top, but a coffee float sounds like a refreshing twist on this.

17. Kat March 2, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

Oh! Kitties!!!! We live in Bendigo too, and we love our three rescue kitties. <3 <3 your photos are beautiful!

• Reuben
      Reuben March 5, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

Oh, thank you! Our rescue kitties and puppy are the centre of our little universe. They make us so happy! :)

1. A Complete Collection | House of Humble - May 24, 2012

[...] before I found the next one, but over the last few months I have slowly collected them one by one at op-shops, markets and secondhand book stores. There are a couple of great secondhand book shops [...]