The Reclaim series is all about turning discarded old things into beautiful new things. It’s about making treasure from trash, reducing our waste and saving a little money along the way. Each episode features an everyday object and a variety of inspiring ways that object can be reclaimed.
Today, we are talking about vintage hankies!
- Make a pretty hanky table runner.
- Display hankies in a big jar or use them to wrap a jar.
- Create a lovely hanky garland/bunting.
- Sew some cute hanky bloomers.
- Use pretty hankies in place of plain cloth napkins.
- Turn hankies into doll dresses.
- Make a pretty hanky dress for yourself, or even a hanky top!
- Use hankies to wrap small gifts.
- Frame hankies for your wall or in place of a headboard.
- Sew a hanky quilt.
- Use hankies as coasters.
- Make hanky cushions.
- Print on hankies in place of cards or invitations.
- Sew hankies together to make pretty curtains.
- Use hankies to embellish bouquets, dress up chairs and decorate things for a party.
Have you got any other clever ideas for recycling hankies? If so, please share!