Australia Day

Cleaning our incredibly dusty, old house. Crocheting hexagons. Rereading the current issue of Peppermint for the millionth time (and admiring the gorgeous Veggie Mama on the cover). Eating junk food with friends. Walking Daisy. Making Coleslaw, roasted potatoes and stuffed mushrooms (again). Watching Downton Abbey (finally!) Feeling grateful. That’s how we spent our Australia Day.

We are so thankful to call this beautiful country our home, today and every day. It’s a crazy, wonderful, sunshiney, smiley, magical place to live, and we love it with all our hearts. Happy Australia Day everyone!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

21 Responses to “Australia Day”

1. Chestnut Mocha January 27, 2012 at 1:30 am #

all the pics are so pretty! i like the one of Katie&puppy and the last one the most!

2. gina January 27, 2012 at 4:11 am #

you two are simply adorable, so good to see your pretty faces!!!

Katie January 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

Aw, shucks Gina! You are very, very kind :)

3. Jenna January 27, 2012 at 4:16 am #

You’re both such beautiful souls!

Katie January 29, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

And YOU are incredibly sweet! Thank you <3

4. Emily Spada January 27, 2012 at 5:57 am #

Happy Australia Day! The cole slaw looks delicious!

5. Melynda January 27, 2012 at 10:52 am #

looks great! the photos are lovely.

m x

6. Lisa Michelle January 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

Hi there, I’m new to your blog and really loving it! You guys have great pics and so many awesome posts, could be a few hours before I’m even caught up. Excited to check everything out. Happy Australia Day! :)

Katie January 29, 2012 at 7:07 pm #

Welcome to our little corner of the internet Lisa! We really hope you like here. Thank you for stopping by!

7. Kara January 27, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

These photos are beautiful and the colors are so great! That salad looks delicious…so crisp and yummy. Hooray for beautiful crochet!!

8. Kelly January 27, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

Katie, three words. MORE. DRESS. PHOTOS.
    but miss daisy is looking RATHER Adorable! (and bigger?) CUTE!
    what a nice australia day you had.
    x

Katie January 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Hehe! Yes. I have been thinking about dress photos a lot lately… I’ll see what I can do. The dress I’m wearing here is this one (but in the other colourway). Daisy hasn’t really gotten any taller but she’s filled out a lot. She’s getting to be quite the little nugget! ;)

9. Maria January 27, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

A little belated but Happy Australia Day to both of you! Sounds like it couldn’t have been a better day! x

Maria xx

10. Tillie @ The Poppy Creative January 27, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

Your photos are just so delightful. Its hard not to smile when I read a post of yours thats for sure.

11. Ro January 28, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

This is such a sweet blog.

I bet it was hot in Bendigo today! It’s sweltering hot here in Ballarat. But great weather for my veggies! Things are really starting to ripen now!

Thanks for visiting my site.

Ro

Katie January 29, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

It has been SO hot here! Thank you for visiting, we so love your blog! :)

12. Michelle Clement January 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

Happy Australia day!! :) It sure looks like a lovely time was had…

13. Tiffany February 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

I fell in love with your blog as soon as the page loaded. I discovered you through The Dainty Squid. As I read through posts I became aware that you had cats. The first I saw was Poppy; she looks almost identical to my kitten named Nuisance(We call him baby nude pants). I giggled at how adorable it was that they sleep in many of the same positions. Anywho, I kept reading along until I saw Sebastian, who looks almost identical to my cat Aries. The only difference is that her hair it quite a bit longer.

I know that many cats can look alike(almost identical sometimes), but the fact that we own two cats that look very similar made me feel connected to you in some way. Silly right?

Now that I’ve wasted your time typing all of this, I’ll bid you adieu. Love your blog, and I’ll definitely be coming back.

14. Raynor February 2, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

I was a bit of a ratbag and for Australia day I went to Ikea and had Swedish meatballs for lunch and then did some shopping at a Japanese dollar-store. Ahhh!

Y’all make me wanna move to Bendigo so bad!

15. Sulee February 9, 2012 at 3:31 am #

Your cat is absolutely gorgeous! And love all your pretty photos! love love love! :)

Katie February 9, 2012 at 9:21 am #