The Reclaim series is all about turning discarded old things into beautiful new things. It’s about making treasure from trash, reducing our waste and saving a little money along the way. Each episode features an everyday object and a variety of inspiring ways that object can be reclaimed.
Today, glass jars!
(All images were found on Pinterest. If one of these images belongs to you, please let us know so that we can give you credit.)
- Use jars as vases.
- Turn jars into tiny terrariums.
- Use jars to store yarn. Simply punch a hole in jar lids to feed the yarn through.
- Pack your meals in jars, store your leftovers in jars and store your dry cooking ingredients in jars!
- Make these amazing animal jars.
- Turn jars into cute lampshades and lanterns.
- Use jars as drinking glasses. Add striped drinking straws for extra sweetness.
- Store crafty bits and pieces and office supplies in jars.
- Use jars as little planters.
- Cover jars in pretty fabrics or crochet them little covers and decorate the lids with vintage transfers, a la Dottie Angel.
- Pop photos into jars to display them. Add trinkets to make cute little dioramas.
- Make a hole in a jar lid and add a pump to create a cute liquid soap dispenser.
- Bake portion sized cakes and puddings in small jars. This rainbow cake is especially magical.
- Paint jar lids with blackboard paint and use chalk to label them.
Have you got any other great ideas for reclaiming glass jars? We’d love to hear them!