The Reclaim series is all about turning discarded old things into beautiful new things. It’s about making treasure from trash, reducing our waste and saving a little money along the way. Each episode features an everyday object and a variety of inspiring ways that object can be reclaimed.
Today, it’s all about doilies!
(All images were found on Pinterest. If one of these images belongs to you, please let us know so that we can give you credit.)
- String doilies together to create a pretty garland/bunting.
- Use doilies to embellish cushion covers, curtains, quilts and anything else you can think of!
- Make a doily wreath like this one or this one.
- Stiffen doilies (with hairspray, glue or fabric stiffener) and suspend them on strings, as festive snowflake decorations
- Make a doily table runner.
- Use doilies in gift wrapping and card making. They look especially beautiful decorating packages wrapped in plain brown paper.
- Create a doily lamp or doily lanterns.
- Add a chain and use a doily as the centrepiece for a vintage inspired necklace.
- Turn doilies into dreamcatchers.
- Sew a doily to plain top to make it a little bit special or restyle a comfy sweatshirt.
- Use doilies as stencils for DIY home decor.
- Frame doilies or sew them to embroidery hoops, to create simple and lovely wall hangings.
- Bake doily cookies.
Have you got any other clever ideas for recycling doilies? If so, please share!