The Farmers Market

Today we visited the Bendigo Community Farmers Market for the first time. It was a nice, happy event with lots of friendly people and lovely produce. We came home loaded up with fresh fruit and vegetables, free range eggs, homemade fig and ginger jam, local honey, some yummy sourdough, a couple of seedlings for our garden and more silverbeet than we know what to do with!

Tomorrow we plan to get some serious gardening, crafting and coffee drinking done. Yes, gardening, crafting and coffee drinking are serious buisness around these parts.

What are you up to this weekend? Wishing you all a spiffy time, no matter what you’re doing!

Katie and Reuben x

Tags: , , , , ,

Katie and Reuben

About Katie and Reuben

We are a twenty-something couple persuing a simple, mindful, beautiful life. We like crafty thing making, yummy thing baking and picture taking.

16 Responses to “The Farmers Market”

1. Sam October 8, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

I adore farmers markets – looks amazing. The chard are great bundled up, I grow it on my allotment and the stems are super bright. This weekend it is rain, rain, rain here in the NW of England – oh joy! I have been decorating the house for Halloween since it is one of my favourite festivities. Have a great weekend.

Sam x

Katie October 9, 2011 at 11:16 am #

Yes we bought home a lovely big bundle of that rainbow chard – it’s so pretty. It’s rainy here today too, but that’s ok. It’s the perfect weather for snuggling up at home!

2. Stitchybritt October 8, 2011 at 11:13 pm #

What a wonderful part of the world you live in. I love the ‘big hairy dog greets little hairy dog’ photo : )

Katie October 9, 2011 at 11:15 am #

Aren’t they cute!? It was the sweetest thing.

3. Shinypigeon October 8, 2011 at 11:15 pm #

I can’t wait to move back to our market town so I can get back on this market malarky! It’s really hard to inspire Him Indoors to get out of bed to make it to car boots and what not, I have to bribe him with outdoor food!

4. Miss Minty October 9, 2011 at 4:16 am #

That bread looks incredible!

I’m making some freezer meals today…my little boy will be born at some point in the next couple weeks and I want to make sure I have some mac and cheese ready to be slid into the oven at a moment’s notice. =)

Katie October 9, 2011 at 11:14 am #

Wow, that is so exciting!!! Concratulations Miss Minty! <3

5. Annie October 9, 2011 at 5:27 am #

Ooo what a lovely market to have.

6. Renea October 9, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

Farmers Markets are fantastic, so much beautiful produce in those pics. Well done!

7. Tony October 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

You market trip looks like super fun! Busy Sunday here… have finished knitting one sock, made some Japanese dumplings and laid out sugar cane mulch on soon-to-be veggie garden beds.

8. Gwen October 10, 2011 at 6:02 am #

Lovely! Would like to try that jam:)
    Headed to the beach today. Worked in my garden yesterday, replanting and harvesting. Good luck with yours:)

9. Fran October 11, 2011 at 9:09 am #

Some fantastic pictures! Looks like an excellent market.

Also, I love your blog so I’ve tagged you with a Versatile Blogger Award – http://skullsandponies.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

10. Lyndall October 12, 2011 at 11:44 am #

I love Farmer’s Markets! We go to the Central Market in Adelaide every week to get all of our fresh produce. It’s so nice!

This weekend I’m thinking of visiting another market in the Adelaide Hills if the weather is nice! Otherwise I will just be relaxing at home :)

11. Kristina Gulino October 12, 2011 at 2:48 pm #

Whoa man, that bread looks nummy!! I’d take some any day!

Kristina Gulino
    something2writeabout.wordpress.com

12. Bendigo Community Farmers' Market November 14, 2011 at 6:54 pm #

Thanks for taking the wonderful photos of the market and allowing us to post them on our page (with full credit). Much appreciated!

Looking forward to seeing you back at ‘your’ market.

13. Jess October 10, 2012 at 9:22 am #

Beautiful photos! I especially love the one with the dogs meeting.